Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Re: Brazolot & the Great Migration Consultant Debate

Re: Brazolot & the Great Migration Consultant Debate

Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all
Default Re: Brazolot & the Great Migration Consultant Debate

Sorry for posting this as a new thread but I thought a serious point might get lost amongst the irreverence on the other post.

To bring this issue back to something resembling a meaningful discussion, does anyone have any recommendations (other than Brazolot) for migration consultants who have been helpful, reasonably priced and, most importantly, effective? I would be particularly interested in consultants who are primarily based in the UK.

I went for a consultation with Brazolot about 3 months ago. I found them to really rather interested in emptying my wallet. For example, they wanted me to sign on the day and commit to a programme which would (they said) end up with me getting PR through the FSW. I held my ground and stated quite explicitly that I wouldn’t be signing anything that day.

After the meeting I went home and did a bit more research. I established that the FSW was not even open, and that there was no guarantee that it would re-open. As such, I was a little perplexed as to how anyone, with a clear conscience, could request that I sign up for a non-refundable service which might never be of any use to me (particularly since this service would cost me c.£4-5k.

Having said all that, I am finding the minefield of forms, information requests and questions with unclear guidance somewhat overwhelming. I would consider the services of a migration consultant if I thought / believed:

a) I was getting an honest service
b) It would make my application more likely to succeed.

So, does anyone have any other recommendations?

Yours,

GB_Griffiths.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:20 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen anything harsh posted about Paul Wildy.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:23 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think the majority of replies will obviously state that with help from those on here, then, unless you have a complicated case (ie medical history / criminal record etc) then nce you have your head around the forms, it actually isn't that difficult, as you are the one that has to run around collecting documents anyway.

HOWEVER

All that being said, some do prefer the cushion of having the headache of sorting it out done for them (understandable too).

There's a few good migration agents on here and I'm sure tere will be lots of replies offering opinions and help in dertermining which one is best to use.

Actually DBD I spoke with him when considering using an agent way back when, he seems lovely.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:28 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go against the flow a bit....

I emigrated as common-in-law family sponsorship from the now Mrs AX back in 04. I didn't discover this website until 05.

We wanted some help with the process and used Abrams and Krochak. I can't recall what we paid but it was around $2k or so. It was helpful inasmuch as they helped us build a case to show that our lives were intertwined which is a key thing is proving C-i-L partnership. (CIC essentially wants to know whether you are sleeping together.) We could have done it without them, but at the time, and to this day, considered it money well spent.

YMMV of course may vary. From the purely unscientific appraisal of posts on this forum, I'd agree with dbd33 that Paul Wildly comes across as someone worthy of consideration if one is looking for help in imigration. I have no experience directly whatsoever so yer pays yer money and yer makes yer choice.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:45 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

We spoke to Paul Wildy when we needed advice on an LMO for one of our seasonal workers who was with us as he was on a study visa. We found him very informative and professional. He certainly knows his stuff.

I also spoke to him personally when we moved over and can certainly recommend him and his staff. Google Wildy Immigration.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Thanks for the tips re: Wildy. I have just completed a free assessment online. What's the worst that can happen? I get a load of junk mail and have to walk to the bin / press delete.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:59 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

We had a complex situation back in the early 90's, when I sponsored my OH. I did not have the Internet then and I did not even know about immigration agents. I filled in all my own forms did my own research and visited immigration in London a couple of times. With stringent attention to detail, it was quite a straightforward process:

1. Read the directions that go with the forms.
2. Re read the directions in case you missed anything.
3. Do your research.
4. Gather all the documents you need and use a checklist.
5. Fill in the forms according to the instructions.
6. Get someone you know to check the forms for you.
7. Double check the documents and forms and send to the correct address.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 7:59 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I used Abrams and Krochak for our PR's. I cant remember the total cost but guessing it was around what Atlantic xPat said and I had the 'spare' cash when I started the process.

I used a consultant for nothing more than I wanted it done right first time and I didn't believe at the time I'd have enough spare time due to work commitments to do it all myself.

Their communication was great for me and the outcome was what we wanted.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

I have a meeting with Wildy Immigration tomorrow. I figured I'd give some feedback for those who are interested either tomorrow night or Sunday (if I manage to stay sober this weekend). I'll compare and contrast with my experience with Wildy with my experience of a similar meeting I've already had with Brazolot Migration Group. Hopefully, this will provide an independent (if you believe that I am) assessment of view on the two.
Old Feb 15th 2013, 9:10 pm
Are we there yet?

Catri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud of

Hi,
Just want to say we are with Paul Wildy.
Can't fault them at all, we have appreciated their help.
Both Paul and his staff have always replied very quickly to any queries I had.
I met Brazolot last week at the London Canada Live ( total waste of time there!)
Unless you are emigrating to Australia and New Zealand.
There were only 2 exhibits we could visit and one was Brazolot.
I have read many unfavourable comments about him and stayed away from his exhibit.
He gave a seminar which, I have to say some of his info was not correct.
It will be interesting to hear your views after you have met Wildy.
As I said before they have been very helpful to us.
We are now in the Visa process waiting for the May Visa to open!
Forms are completed, just this damn IELT test to do in March :-(
Dreading it!!
Old Feb 16th 2013, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Catri
Hi,
Just want to say we are with Paul Wildy.
Can't fault them at all, we have appreciated their help.
Both Paul and his staff have always replied very quickly to any queries I had.
I met Brazolot last week at the London Canada Live ( total waste of time there!)
Unless you are emigrating to Australia and New Zealand.
There were only 2 exhibits we could visit and one was Brazolot.
I have read many unfavourable comments about him and stayed away from his exhibit.
He gave a seminar which, I have to say some of his info was not correct.
It will be interesting to hear your views after you have met Wildy.
As I said before they have been very helpful to us.
We are now in the Visa process waiting for the May Visa to open!
Forms are completed, just this damn IELT test to do in March :-(
Dreading it!!
I did the IELTS two weeks ago. Thankfully, I passed with the scores I needed. I did plenty of practice papers and example tests. That's my advice for that. Even if you speak English as a first language it's worth preparing as the tests are not the normal kind of activities you do so preparation is key. A couple of weeks of sacrifice are well worth it if you get the result you want.
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:07 pm
Are we there yet?

Catri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud of

gb-griffiths,
Thanks for your advice about the IELT test!
Mine is 5 weeks today and I have started the practice tests.
Even doing these practice ones are hard going I find.
Though I suppose the more I do the easier I hope it will be!
Also alot depends on our scores which is even more pressure!
It will be worth it if we get our Visa, that's how I'm thinking.
Any more advice on the IELT's is much appreciated.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

@ Catri ,

Just keep practising. I just did loads and loads of listening and reading tests.

It's much harder to objectively assess your attempts at writing and speaking. However, as the writing follows a very strict format you can sort of prepare model answers to various scenarios (e.g. complaint letter, request of info letter, job application letter etc) and consider how you would go about answering the essay questions / discussion points.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

So I met with Wildy Immigration. I have also met with Brazolot Migration and here is my opinion (for what it’s worth).

I felt much more like an individual case with Wildy. He provided much more information than I got from Brazolot and didn’t seem so inclined to simply stick a contract under my nose. When I went to meet BMG I was sat in a big open foyer with a large number of other candidates where as with Wildy I had a meeting with him in a private room. It seemed more professional and I felt less like cattle with a “$$$$” tattooed to my head.

I was a little confused by some of what I was told by Wildy though (see another post I made earlier today). These consultants do seem inclined to make it seem more complicated than I imagined it was. Maybe this is because they have a vested interest in making money or maybe it is with good justification?

I am still shocked by the costs involved (although Wildy’s quote was significantly cheaper than BMG). In my circumstances I am not in need of complex legal support etc so, essentially, I’m filling out a form and asking someone to make sure I haven’t missed anything out. The costs involved seem a little steep for the service offered.

I’m still undecided on the use of a consultant. I may meet with a third one to get a better breadth of info before making a final decision. But time is running out. I need that FSW application to land on someone’s desk at CIC on the 4th May 2012.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 2:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
In my circumstances I am not in need of complex legal support etc so, essentially, I’m filling out a form and asking someone to make sure I haven’t missed anything out. The costs involved seem a little steep for the service offered.
Can't remember the figures off the top of my head, but it's something like 1 in 3 FSW applications that are refused, often for minor things such as not filling in the forms properly or missing a piece of paperwork. If you don't have complicated circumstances, then essentially what you'd be paying for is a professional to make sure you're not one of the third that gets their application refused, particularly if you're going to be applying in May when it's likely the quota will fill within days so you won't get a second chance. Although often consultants offer a 'form checking' service to do the same sort of thing for a lot less cost than the full service, so that may be worth looking in to?

And to be fair to consultants, it's more than just form filling - they should do everything for you, from booking your IELTS, ordering your police certs, booking your medicals, etc.

Put simply, if you are happy doing it all yourself and don't have complicated circumstances, then you can do it yourself (most on the forum do). But if you don't want the hassle or want to be as sure as possible of your application being successful, then you may choose to pay someone for that.

Your call, only you can decide. Maybe download the application pack from the CIC website and see how you feel about the forms and documents required?

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.