Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

RE Alberta health care for spouse moving to Canada

RE Alberta health care for spouse moving to Canada

Old Aug 16th 2003, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Justwanttoknow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE Alberta health care for spouse moving to Canada

Does anyone know anything about getting coverage ie Alberta health care, for ones spouse, (entering Canada) I was told you need there passport stamped with the length of time on it that they are going to be a visitor, same as well for the visitors record.
How does one go about this?
thanks for any help

Richard !!
Old Aug 16th 2003, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

Unless the spouse is applying for immigrant status, I don't think the Alberta health system will cover her.

Are you a landed immigrant?
Old Aug 16th 2003, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

Yes sorry .......ie applying for sponser spouse inland (Inside Canada) as a PR.

Richard
Old Aug 16th 2003, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sorry I can't help but maybe this will help.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/sponsor/in.html
Old Aug 16th 2003, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Keith.

Richard !!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling that in order to get Saskatchewan health you have to be here 3 months.

Saskatchewan Health covers health services for certain special classes of newcomers from outside Canada who move to Saskatchewan on or before the first day of the third calendar month after arriving in Canada. If you are among the groups identified below, you may be eligible for benefits from the date you move to Saskatchewan:

international students
landed immigrants
people discharged from the Canadian Forces and the RCMP
non-immigrants who are in Canada in connection with their trade or profession
returning spouse of a Canadian Forces member
returning Canadian citizens
returning residents

Here is the page:

http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/ps_benef...igibility.html

I bet its the same for Alberta.