Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

RBC - useless? Or have I just been unlucky..

RBC - useless? Or have I just been unlucky..

Old Mar 27th 2014, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RBC - useless? Or have I just been unlucky..

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Most banks seem to be, as do most companies these days, seems companies have no consistency anymore.
I think this sums up a lot of Canadian companies. The smiley faced individual who seems so bloody nice is actually often flipping useless at his/her job.
I was told my credit card "may have been compromised" they thought it wasn't the case but would issue replacement. The replacement didn't turn up so customer service apologised and said "we will send this one express post" it didn't turn up either so i called again and this time the agent said "there is nothing on my system to say a card was sent, err when did you call and who did you speak with"? This was a business credit card that took over a month to sort!

I have been chasing a company for payment and e mails have gone unanswered so i finally got hold of the person in billing and she said "oh yes i got your mail but i was busy and waiting for info from our book keeper so didn't bother responding.
Today i got a response from Shaw regarding their billing schedules that seem to have changed, the very nice lady from customer service wrote back and said, and i quote, "sorry but we have been perfuming some billing alignments"
I am expecting a rose scented bill next month.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 7:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
I think this sums up a lot of Canadian companies. The smiley faced individual who seems so bloody nice is actually often flipping useless at his/her job.
I was told my credit card "may have been compromised" they thought it wasn't the case but would issue replacement. The replacement didn't turn up so customer service apologised and said "we will send this one express post" it didn't turn up either so i called again and this time the agent said "there is nothing on my system to say a card was sent, err when did you call and who did you speak with"? This was a business credit card that took over a month to sort!

I have been chasing a company for payment and e mails have gone unanswered so i finally got hold of the person in billing and she said "oh yes i got your mail but i was busy and waiting for info from our book keeper so didn't bother responding.
Today i got a response from Shaw regarding their billing schedules that seem to have changed, the very nice lady from customer service wrote back and said, and i quote, "sorry but we have been perfuming some billing alignments"
English isn't always a strong strength in many customer service jobs these days, likely because of low pay, and well low pay doesn't attract the highest caliber of employees.

My industry is very inconsistent as well, few hotels are owned by the chain anymore and are independent and just pay to use the name, and agree to abide by min. standards, so policies and such can be very inconsistent between properties because of this.

Chains have found its far cheaper to just license a name, and not deal with operating hotels, the some like Marriott for example is basically a property management company now, they license the name out, then manage the property for a fee, but don't own the hotel their name is on.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 8:23 am
Account Closed

lookingtogo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by printer

And those smiles...