Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Questions and comments I hate.

Questions and comments I hate.

Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:34 pm
Waiting for Passport Back

bm71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions and comments I hate.

Okay, to try an end the year with a little light fun, what are the questions or comments you hate the most since you told people that you were planning on going to Canada?

Here's my top three.

3- Have you any idea about the weather up there? (never mind that I went to College in Canada for 3 years)
2- What is talking you so long? I heard that a friend of (insert name of person they know) got it in (insert absurdly small number) months.
1- I thought you were already gone. (comment repeated about every week or so, by usually the same people)
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Questions and comments I hate.

Originally Posted by bm71
Okay, to try an end the year with a little light fun, what are the questions or comments you hate the most since you told people that you were planning on going to Canada?

Here's my top three.

3- Have you any idea about the weather up there? (never mind that I went to College in Canada for 3 years)
2- What is talking you so long? I heard that a friend of (insert name of person they know) got it in (insert absurdly small number) months.
1- I thought you were already gone. (comment repeated about every week or so, by usually the same people)
Most hated comments....
1. haven,t you gone yet?
Er.. No. (obviously)
2. What do you want to be going there for? Dont you know its freezing cold all the time.
3. I knew someone who emigrated there and they couldn,t wait to come home..
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Most hated comments....
3. I knew someone who emigrated there and they couldn,t wait to come home..
How could I have forgotten the failed immigration comment. I've heard the same story, about the same guy who came back after a year, from about 20 different people. This also happens to be one of those comments that people keep repeating even if you tell them "You have told me that story a couple of times already"

BM71
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Bethan2 will become famous soon enoughBethan2 will become famous soon enough

Here's my top three.

The first thing everyone has asked me is "Why? Have you got family out there?" (as though there couldn't possibly be another reason!)
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:27 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

"How's life in the frozen north?" (from Brits).

"Look at a sodding atlas you pillock!"
Old Dec 29th 2005, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty1972 will become famous soon enoughScotty1972 will become famous soon enough

My partners mother is in denial about the move, her main concern is about the state of the plumbing in Canada and general infrastructure, according to her long lost aunt who she has'nt spoken to for many years it is'nt too hot.

Being Scottish I just humour her by reminding her that we have only just graduated to tarmac on certain roads North of the border.

Scotty 1972
Old Dec 29th 2005, 3:51 pm
I love snow

jacki is on a distinguished road

1. I hope you like snow - its bloody cold you know
2. Why?
3. And this is the one I hate the most... Oh yes, we are going to emigrate as well.....

Happy New Year to you all............. heres hoping 2006 brings happiness, good health, wild partys and a step closer to that elusive stamp in your passport!
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:14 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty1972
Being Scottish I just humour her by reminding her that we have only just graduated to tarmac on certain roads North of the border.
Just buy a place outside of the city and you'll feel right at home here Scotty

Rich
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

beeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nicebeeginger is just really nice

[QUOTE=bm71]Okay, to try an end the year with a little light fun, what are the questions or comments you hate the most since you told people that you were planning on going to Canada?

1- what about your family its a long way you know ? then i point out that canada by air is only as far as scotland by train.
2- You wont be able to come home very often
3- why canada its cold ? yes but they speak english, its cheaper & more opportunities also its NOT france or spain
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:04 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Top three freaky questions now here:

1. seen any bears yet ?
2. bought a lumberjack shirt yet ?
3. been ski-ing yet ? [joint with is it cold there?]

Bah !!! Smash the phone up.... right now

Rich.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Top three freaky questions now here:

1. seen any bears yet ?

Rich.
This question reminded me that when I was in college a friend asked me if I had seen any igloos. I thought he was joking and I said I saw a big one called skydome, my friend said, seriously I have been told that if you go outside the cities during the winter you can see them.

BM71
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:31 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my top three.

I bet your list of "questions and comments you hate" is a lot longer for being a Leaves fan though, eh?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:04 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know yet (ahem) but I suspect it will be
1) what do you mean you're emigrating next year?
2) how long have you been planning this?
3) why didn't you tell us?

On the plus side, we haven't endured 2+ years of "are you going to apply then?" and "have you heard anything yet?"
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I bet your list of "questions and comments you hate" is a lot longer for being a Leaves fan though, eh?
My father cheers for Ottawa so I have been taking a lot of blows from him this season, however I am a firm believer that when it comes to sports it is your duty as a fan to have an answer to comments from other team fans. So in that specific case I take the blows without complaining when I don't have an answer.

BM71
Silently hoping that when the playoffs com the Leafs are not eliminated by the Sens.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

My top one - which I don't hate - came from most of my ex-colleagues: "Great! We've got somewhere to stay when we want to go skiing!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.