Reload this Page >

Questions on CAIPS note!

Questions on CAIPS note!

Old Nov 21st 2005, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

p.i. is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Questions on CAIPS note!

Hi all,
I'm a PhD student in Canada and I applied for Canadian immigration for my wife and I in September 2003.The processing of our case was started in October 2003.we did our medical and paid the RPRF in June 2004 .In October 2004, the CIC asked us to fill out IMM08 again. Since then we have sent them many faxes and the only answer we got was that we’re in background check. But in response to our last fax they said they cannot guarantee any time frame for our application. Last month I ordered caips notes and recently I received the results. Here are the results:
PSDEC 1 04-06-2004
SELDEC 4 04-06-2004
BDEC 1 10-06-2005
MEDEC 0, OREQ 0, FIN DEC 0
Meanwhile there is 1 for SEC for both of us and there is nothing below CRIM and our medical status is M01.
I have couple of questions and I really appreciate if you could answer them.
•What does BDEC 1 mean? Does it mean our background check is done? If yes , why there is nothing below CRIM?
•Do you know what is a possible reason why our MEDEC is 0 while our medical status is M01?
•There is a part I couldn’t decode:
Foss: No enforcement
SA valid until Jan 2005
•I also have some problems interpreting this part too: RECD STATUS CHECKS FM SUBJ. XING OUT REQUIREMENT FOR LTR OF REF FM CURRENT EMPLOYER SINCE THERE MAY BE SUFFICENT EVIDENCE OF EXP ON FILE ALREADY.

Thank you very much for your help,
It is greatly appreciated,

p.i.

Last edited by p.i.; Nov 22nd 2005 at 12:28 am.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Smokey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Questions on CAIPS note!

Originally Posted by p.i.
Hi all,
I'm a PhD student in Canada and I applied for Canadian immigration for my wife and I in September 2003.The processing of our case was started in October 2003.we did our medical and paid the RPRF in June 2004 .In October 2004, the CIC asked us to fill out IMM08 again. Since then we have sent them many faxes and the only answer we got was that we’re in background check. But in response to our last fax they said they cannot guarantee any time frame for our application. Last month I ordered caips notes and recently I received the results. Here are the results:
PSDEC 1 04-06-2004
SELDEC 4 04-06-2004
BDEC 1 10-06-2005
MEDEC 0, OREQ 0, FIN DEC 0
Meanwhile there is 1 for SEC for both of us and there is nothing below CRIM and our medical status is M01.
I have couple of questions and I really appreciate if you could answer them.
•What does BDEC 1 mean? Does it mean our background check is done? If yes , why there is nothing below CRIM?
•Do you know what is a possible reason why our MEDEC is 0 while our medical status is M01?
•There is a part I couldn’t decode:
Foss: No enforcement
SA valid until Jan 2005
•I also have some problems interpreting this part too: RECD STATUS CHECKS FM SUBJ. XING OUT REQUIREMENT FOR LTR OF REF FM CURRENT EMPLOYER SINCE THERE MAY BE SUFFICENT EVIDENCE OF EXP ON FILE ALREADY.

Thank you very much for your help,
It is greatly appreciated,

p.i.
Seems to me that they received status checks from subject crossing out the requirement (making it unnecessary) for a letter of reference from your current employer since there may be sufficient evidence of expreience already. You don't say if you've done your medicals but I understand from a short search on misc.immigration.canada that it means you passed.s far as Foss is concerned again a quick search of google gave me this and I hope Jim Humphries wont mind me re-posting this

Just got hold of my CAIPs notes and there were two lines that I didn't
understand. It reads as follows:

FOSS HIT FOUND FOR SPOUSE.
NO FOSS HIT X2
I searched CIC and discovered the FOSS stands for "Field Operations Support
System". Please would you kindly explain what this means exactly.

Jim HumphriesDec 10 2004, 8:54 am show optionsNewsgroups: misc.immigration.canadaFrom: "Jim Humphries" <jhump...@shaw.ca> - Find messages by this author Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:54:29 GMTLocal: Fri, Dec 10 2004 8:54 am Subject: Re: What is FOSS?Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse
FOSS is the inland data base and processing system that CIC use to keep
track of persons in their system. Your spouse must have a record of some
sort such as a student file or something. The visa office will check to
ensure it is the same person and take note of the FOSS information.
--
Jim Humphries, former visa officer

SA too many hits and I just finished work at 11pm so that might be one you could do....
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:29 am
Just Joined

p.i. is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Questions on CAIPS note!

thanks for your help! do u have any idea why there is no number for criminal section? and Howlong does it take to get PPR request after background check?for our case it's been 6 months!

thanks,
p.i.