Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

landing -proof of funds

landing -proof of funds

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:44 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice
Default landing -proof of funds

Just a quickie - we are landing 7th December Halifax -yippeee!!! Just busy organising this and that and was wondering if anyone can tell me what immigration will want to see re proof of funds....will a uk bank statement suffice?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:53 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: landing -proof of funds

Originally Posted by maple
Just a quickie - we are landing 7th December Halifax -yippeee!!! Just busy organising this and that and was wondering if anyone can tell me what immigration will want to see re proof of funds....will a uk bank statement suffice?
Odds are that they will just ask you for a number and the write it down. That's what happened to me. It seems to be par for the course. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:59 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Odds are that they will just ask you for a number and the write it down. That's what happened to me. It seems to be par for the course. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.
Thanks - just dotting the i's and crossing the t's ........and then double checking....
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:03 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - just dotting the i's and crossing the t's ........and then double checking....
That's sensible enough.

Best of luck with your move.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Gone in 30 days will become famous soon enoughGone in 30 days will become famous soon enough

Hi we landed four weeks ago today!!!! We had an upto date bank statement and before we got on the plane we got an ATM printout. Good luck.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Gone in 30 days
Hi we landed four weeks ago today!!!! We had an upto date bank statement and before we got on the plane we got an ATM printout. Good luck.
Thanks!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:22 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gone in 30 days
So did you use it? We had a bank statement once we got in we repaid the 1 month loan.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grah
So did you use it? We had a bank statement once we got in we repaid the 1 month loan.
I iwll be landing on dec 21st and was not sure what to do about the financial proof. I was planning bank drafts for the amount. On the other hand I have a fixed deposit with half of the money I need and if I want bank draft I will have to break the deposit..Can I just take the letter from the fin instit showing how much I have?

thanks a whole bunch