Reload this Page >

Question about money

Question about money

Old Mar 4th 2013, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Easy Tiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about money

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Toronto in a few weeks on the IEC, and I've got a few questions about money. Obviously, I need 3000 minimum, I've got 7 in my account. Do I need any special paperwork from my bank? I didn't get anything for them to sign during my application process and the bank hadn't received anything from anyone already gone out. I'm going over with approx. 3000 CND in a mix of sterling, euro and CND (mostly CND), and I've got a bank draft for an additional 2000 CND, do I need to declare that at the airport or what? I've got internet banking so I can access my home account, because I don't want to bring over the whole lot in one go. Should I bring over the whole lot in one go? What do I need to show the emigration guys?

I'm from Ireland, dunno if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Flaykee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question about money

You can bring money into Canada in different forms. When you arrive, you must tell a border official if you are carrying more than C$10,000.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Question about money

CAD, the currency is CAD

when I landed with my IEC LOI I wasn't even asked for evidence of funds but I just took a bank statement I got from the bank the day before I left.