Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Old Jul 26th 2021, 3:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quarantine for COVID 19 discussions.

Originally Posted by ACF
Without wanting to further complicate something that's already headache-inducing, does anyone know how a border agent would view doing 1/2 quarantine in one house and and the other 1/2 at a separate location (e.g. a cottage). On paper would seem fine (travel between the two sites would be by private vehicle) and I cannot see anything which says you need to quarantine in one place the whole time, but I am nervous...
It says you can't leave your place of quarantine unless for specific reasons (travelling on to another place isn't one of them), so I can't see how you can move to another location personally.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 6:34 pm
ACF
Just Joined

ACF is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, both - everything is just so unclear at the moment. Makes planning virtually impossible!
Old Jul 26th 2021, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACF
Thanks, both - everything is just so unclear at the moment. Makes planning virtually impossible!
Checked with my friend - this was last year before vaccinations- she contacted the ‘authorities’ during their first week of isolation - she was given the ok to move to a second location as they had groceries and car prepared so didn’t need to stop anywhere. Family cottage so booking wasn’t required.
Old Jul 28th 2021, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ACF
God help us that feels like a heavy lift...
The only suggestion I have is that the other adult should also travel fully vaccinated, however time might not permit that, if flights can't be changed / are already booked. The challenge in your case is that so many different people of different age groups are travelling together.

The kids have to go into quarantine, however not sure, if the fully vaccinated adult can stay in the same house and go out to buy food etc. or has to quarantine as well......
Old Jul 29th 2021, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

IrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really niceIrishDaz is just really nice

Hi.

I'm really hoping someone here can offer some guidance.

My wife and I live on Vancouver Island, and my wife's Dad, who is fully vaccinated is coming to visit from Spain on the 14th Aug (Irish Citizen).
This will be the first trip her has made to Canada since losing his wife a few months ago. It's been a really tough few months, and my wife just want him to get here safely.

The issue we have is surrounding potential quarantine. I've read so many conflicting reports, and we are unsure if he will be exempt because he is visiting an immediate family member. I have read some articles that seem to suggest this but nothing concrete. Has anyone had family members visit over the last month that can offer any guidance?

Cheers,
Old Jul 29th 2021, 8:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IrishDaz
Hi.

I'm really hoping someone here can offer some guidance.

My wife and I live on Vancouver Island, and my wife's Dad, who is fully vaccinated is coming to visit from Spain on the 14th Aug (Irish Citizen).
This will be the first trip her has made to Canada since losing his wife a few months ago. It's been a really tough few months, and my wife just want him to get here safely.

The issue we have is surrounding potential quarantine. I've read so many conflicting reports, and we are unsure if he will be exempt because he is visiting an immediate family member. I have read some articles that seem to suggest this but nothing concrete. Has anyone had family members visit over the last month that can offer any guidance?

Cheers,
The quarantine requirement isn't anything to do with family, that's been lifted anyway for those who are fully vaccinated. https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...etermine-fully

The family exemption is for people to enter Canada (those that don't have a good reason i.e. just a holiday can't enter anyway). He can check he will be allowed to enter here - https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ictions/family

Full details on testing etc, are in the links above.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 29th 2021 at 8:09 am.