Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

QROPS tax return again

QROPS tax return again

Old Apr 17th 2014, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default QROPS tax return again

So is the procedure still to add the pension transfer amount from the UK to line 130, then deduct it on line 240?

I finally managed to get TurboTax to do that, but it added it to line 245 as well; from the comment on the form 'Include your transfers and contributions that you are designating as a repayment under the HBP or the LLP,' that looks correct, but I wanted to be sure they're not going to tell me I'm now $150,000 over my RRSP contribution limit .
Old Apr 17th 2014, 10:26 am
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: QROPS tax return again

When completed it should show as an income inclusion on line 130 and a deduction on line 208.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's on both lines, it's just the part about showing up as an RRSP contribution too that I was wondering about.

Guess I'll mail it in with a cover letter and cross my fingers .
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:07 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you pay $40 and get someone to do all your taxes for you. Life's too short to sweat all that stuff for a few $$
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cookie
Why don't you pay $40 and get someone to do all your taxes for you. Life's too short to sweat all that stuff for a few $$
'Cause the people I asked who do taxes for you don't seem to understand how to do this.
Old May 27th 2014, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

BTW, I got my tax refund recently, so I presume it was the right thing to do .