Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

alberta and hgv requirements

alberta and hgv requirements

Old May 25th 2014, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

craighooson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default alberta and hgv requirements

hi everyone need some info do I have to resit my class1 in alberta or just the highway code I am coming to Canada through a company who is going to help with the move but just want to see what the score is any info will help.
Old May 25th 2014, 9:13 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: alberta and hgv requirements

Originally Posted by craighooson
hi everyone need some info do I have to resit my class1 in alberta or just the highway code I am coming to Canada through a company who is going to help with the move but just want to see what the score is any info will help.
You have to take a test. Only a car license is a straight swap. You swap your car license then apply to take the Class 1 and air test.
Old May 26th 2014, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

not forgeting a class1 and airbrake multi choice ,medical before getting your learners.,
Old May 26th 2014, 11:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if you missed it, but in response to your last post you were told that most Canadian companies will want a few years Class 1 experience. As it seems from that thread you have only just passed your Class 1, you might need to work in Europe for a few years first.

HTH.
Old May 26th 2014, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Most companies want a minimum of 2 years experience and the ones that don't, you wouldn't want to be working for anyway.
Old May 26th 2014, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure if you missed it, but in response to your last post you were told that most Canadian companies will want a few years Class 1 experience. As it seems from that thread you have only just passed your Class 1, you might need to work in Europe for a few years first.

HTH.
I have just passed but am working full time class1 told by the company that I will not need 2 yrs as have class 2 experience and by the time I get over I will have at least a years experience the company that are doing all the work for me will get me job interviews as they where the ones that fronted the truckers incentive
Old May 26th 2014, 5:16 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Just be very careful and read the small print. Good luck
Old May 26th 2014, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Just be very careful and read the small print. Good luck
cheers just emailed them to get it in writing as such
Old May 26th 2014, 7:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I have just passed but am working full time class1 told by the company that I will not need 2 yrs as have class 2 experience and by the time I get over I will have at least a years experience the company that are doing all the work for me will get me job interviews as they where the ones that fronted the truckers incentive
I'm confused, told by which 'company', do you mean a trucking company or some third party? Don't know what the truckers incentive is, but do make sure you don't pay any money to anybody to find you a job.

Good luck.
Old May 27th 2014, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

What company is it ?