Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Putting food items In container with furniture, is this allowed?

Wikiposts

Putting food items In container with furniture, is this allowed?

Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:00 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Putting food items In container with furniture, is this allowed?

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell
etc………………….. When you move over here we have to compromise on some things for the better way of life we are hoping to have. No one is forcing you to come…………….etc
Chock full of assumptions and naivety

Some of us came because of work, and don’t think we should have to compromise and lower our standard of living (maybe we lowered our cost of living but that’s not the same) and who said it’s a better way of life .....slower.... behind the times...... ???

You should also look up your crime stats too………..
Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

I think with this thread...I must have opened a can of worms
Old Jun 4th 2009, 7:49 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cargomatic
I think with this thread...I must have opened a can of worms
Just don't be having clothes hanging in a container bound for Alberta.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:28 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell
Two things come to mind, 1)what happens if you do not find food that the children like? Go back to UK? Starve?

2)I have not been to New Brunswick but I am fairly confident, in fact will probably bet a lot of money on the fact that there are shops that will be open during the day to 'tide us over'.

Why take the risk of all the problems listed above?
You must have missed the OP saying to tide them over until they find something the kids will like. Not foods for them to eat forever. There's comfort in the familiar, what's wrong with that??

Originally Posted by Souvenir
That needs a soundtrack. It's rather Churchillian.
I think it was his finest hour.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't allowed to put any foods in the containers and I also wasn't allowed to take my perfumes. A vast collection which then had to go in our suitcases (along with teabags, branston, cadburys, salad cream and packet rice!) on the trip over. Go figure!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 2:54 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't know quite how limited the range of your golf cart...
I'm sending you some Karma for the funniest "beginning of a sentence" of the week.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

ibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the roughibbye13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cargomatic
We are going to be filling our container soon to send all our worldly goods over the pond to Canada. What will immigration say is we put some things like chocolate, cereal, baby food etc in there to tide us over till we find food the kids will like, and my wife (she is the fussy one ) will this be allowed?
Hi

i wont advice you to put any food in your cargo. Just been to customs last month and my partner put tea bags in her cargo, the custom officer was not pleased at all...she asked us if there is any food n of course we said no. She said how about the tea bags...and dont we have tea here in Canada was her reply. She gave us a hard time going through our list one item at a time. It was more like an interrogation. I think its more for health reasons that you are not allowed to bring food.

Ibby
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:45 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

We had the packers out yesterday and they said all food items, spices, tea bags etc are a definite no no.
Is it really worth the risk?
Colin