Reload this Page >

proof of funds?

proof of funds?

Old Oct 1st 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

dazed&confused is an unknown quantity at this point
Question proof of funds?

Hi
I'm fairly new to this site but there is some great info on here.
My question is can anyone let me know how I prove my available funds, as you see our funds are currently tied up in our house and it requests on the application form to send bank statements we dont have enough settlement funds if we dont sell our house and we dont get approved if we dont have the funds so as you see its a bit of a vicious circle. As we dont want to risk selling up before we get approval hope this makes sense to everyone.

Help needed please as we qualify on the new points sysytem except for this.
I'll take any advice?

Remember don't wait for you ship to come in! swim out to meet the bloody thing!
Old Oct 1st 2003, 8:42 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: proof of funds?

Originally posted by dazed&confused
Hi
My question is can anyone let me know how I prove my available funds, as you see our funds are currently tied up in our house and it requests on the application form to send bank statements we dont have enough settlement funds if we dont sell our house and we dont get approved if we dont have the funds so as you see its a bit of a vicious circle. As we dont want to risk selling up before we get approval hope this makes sense to everyone.

I'll take any advice?

Send in an estimate on the value of your house - that is what we did
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

cspj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'll take any advice?

We got a letter from a local estate agent with a valuation, sent it to HSBC who wrote a letter stating the difference between value and mortgage secured on it. It only took a couple of days for them to send it to us aswell!
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:40 pm
Brit on the move

karen&Ted will become famous soon enough

Hi

I'll take any advice?

?????????? Sorry i dont agree with what is being said at present, the way i had it explained to me was you can not use estimated house worth, just incase the market falls through the floor or something ( i know its a slim chance ) So you use what you have, Saving plans, bank credit, pensions.

I hope this helps, and if i am wrong then someone please put me right cos it will help me too

thanx
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:53 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by karen&Ted
?????????? Sorry i dont agree with what is being said at present, the way i had it explained to me was you can not use estimated house worth, just incase the market falls through the floor or something ( i know its a slim chance ) So you use what you have, Saving plans, bank credit, pensions.

I hope this helps, and if i am wrong then someone please put me right cos it will help me too

thanx

well, we did not have enough savings (and no shares) - so it had to be the house capital - and that is what we did.

Mind you that was nearly 3 years ago.

Clare