Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Prince Edward County?

Prince Edward County?

Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prince Edward County?

Ah ha!
We already have an 8000w generator. Lights go out here all the time, especially in winter.
Check on that island thing. But at least there are bridges. We have to take two ferries, spend $60.00 and it takes at least 2.5 hours just to go to a decent grocery store. My hubby loves that, but then again he doesn't do the cooking...

I'd like a good mix of people of all ages and walks of life.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:09 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deltadeliquent
Ah ha!
We already have an 8000w generator. Lights go out here all the time, especially in winter.
Check on that island thing. But at least there are bridges. We have to take two ferries, spend $60.00 and it takes at least 2.5 hours just to go to a decent grocery store. My hubby loves that, but then again he doesn't do the cooking...

This.....hatta girl

Question for ya...what happens when the ferries are out of service temporarily?
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

deltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond reputedeltadeliquent has a reputation beyond repute

It does happen sometimes. A month ago the ferries stopped completely because of fog. Just a day though.
If they stop you stay home. We are very dependant on them. The company is always crabbing about how much money they lose. In the back of my mind I'm afraid they will stop the Cortes runs or severely curtail them. That's bad for me personally, and bad for the property prices. They would just plain tank.
I want out of here!
PEC sounds so much better.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:22 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

You should also look at places North of Toronto (Barrie, Collingwood), as well as Southwestern Ontario in the Simcoe / port Dover area, both lovely areas in the summer with farm lands, and have the rural feel to them

Options that's all
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:52 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Ah ha!

I don't blame you. Plus, it wouldn't be too much to ask to be able to order a pizza, Indian or Chinese meal for delivery once in a while. That said, HID and I are thinking of renting a place on an island around here for about six weeks in the summer. We just have to take a lot of food and booze with us.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks ultrarunner, I'm on the case.
Youse guys are great.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 12:32 am
Banned

Thanks ultrarunner, I'm on the case.
Youse guys are great.

You are welcome sweetness
Old Nov 28th 2013, 12:44 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
You are welcome sweetness
Old Nov 29th 2013, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

Prince Edward county is not Salt Spring, but it's not rocking, either! My British husband finds it very dull and doesn't see the attraction. I like it, but don't know if I would move there permanently. It is a bit quiet for my tastes. Beautiful though. time may change (gentrify) it, which I am not sure will be for the better... it's a tough one. I want to love it, but would be tempted much more by Victoria first. Have you lived through an Ontario winter?
Old Nov 29th 2013, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Lilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to allLilipuddlian is a name known to all

My husband and I are basically retired. He has a nice pension from Tesco.
He is also doing some consulting. So money is not a problem.
Ad yes, I mean county, not island. I've had it with islands.
Except for Britian. I'd love to go home.

I lived in Colorado once too. Liked the snow, at least until feb.
What you want is Newport, Rhode Island. Sigh. Sorry... not helping.
Old Nov 29th 2013, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

I've been to Salt Spring and it seems to be just a larger Cortes. It's a compromise, but I don't think I'd be happy there either.

I'm 53 so no longer looking for rocking. But a grocery story with in driving distance would be nice.

I'm a cheap date....
Old Nov 30th 2013, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

What do you like about the place, and what does your husband dislike about it?
(Other than being a about quiet.)
Old Nov 30th 2013, 3:10 am
Banned

I've been to Salt Spring and it seems to be just a larger Cortes. It's a compromise, but I don't think I'd be happy there either.

I'm 53 so no longer looking for rocking. But a grocery story with in driving distance would be nice.

I'm a cheap date....
In Bold: Is that all? You make it sound like you are 100yrs old. Life no longer begins at 40 apparently, 50 is the new 40...so rock it