Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Predictions For Stirling -Should I convert to Cdn$ now?

Predictions For Stirling -Should I convert to Cdn$ now?

Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:54 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions For Stirling -Should I convert to Cdn$ now?

Originally Posted by James Martindale
I would hold on to your UK currency. I think it will bounce back sooner than expected. The £ has depreciated quickly because we have dropped interest rates quickly and implemented alot of economic measures because we know how much deep trouble we are in.

The impact of the global downturn on Canada I think lags behind the UK by 6 to 12 months,just like the fall in the global houseprice bubble. I personally am expecting the pound to recover versus the Canadian dollar next year as the Canadian government starts to implement more measures in their economy after they realise how exposed they are.
I was expecting the opposite given the debt the UK is in and the potential effects of QE. Then I saw this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...4&refer=canada

Gulp