Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Predictions For Stirling -Should I convert to Cdn$ now?

Predictions For Stirling -Should I convert to Cdn$ now?

Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:50 am
DDC
Just Joined

DDC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Predictions For Stirling -Should I convert to Cdn$ now?

Hi I am new to this so please forgive me if this has already been discussed. I am wondering if the UK£ is going to drop any further in the next few months and if I should convert my money to CDN$ now? What are others doing with their money??

Thanks
DDC
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:53 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Predictions For Stirling -Should I convert to Cdn$ now?

Wait until Britain adopts Euro. You'll get a better deal then.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:54 am
DDC
Just Joined

When do think the UK will adopt the Euro?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

emmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to allemmae is a name known to all

UK won't go into Euro - its on the cards other country's already in will come out!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:00 am
DDC
Just Joined

Interesting, but can we go back to my original question about what to do with my money now?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:04 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDC
Interesting, but can we go back to my original question about what to do with my money now?
Give it to me........

OR

Convert when you're comfortable with the value.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:02 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Give it to me........

OR

Convert when you're comfortable with the value.
Well, why shoull he give it to you el_richo? I was the first one to give him an advice so I deserve it before you!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:21 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Well, why shoull he give it to you el_richo? I was the first one to give him an advice so I deserve it before you!
Rats!!! Ok well i'll hang around for any dropped change
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

No idea. Stirling is a town in central Scotland though I predict it'll be cold and wet...
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
No idea. Stirling is a town in central Scotland though I predict it'll be cold and wet...
Much the same as the advice proffered....
Old Mar 6th 2009, 1:26 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
Sterling was also an airline which went bust last year. How about that.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Sterling was also an airline which went bust last year. How about that.

Ok I'll bite, how about it? ...
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DDC
Hi I am new to this so please forgive me if this has already been discussed. I am wondering if the UK£ is going to drop any further in the next few months and if I should convert my money to CDN$ now? What are others doing with their money??

Thanks
DDC
When do you need the CAD? If you need it soon then you'll have to exchange it regardless of rate and I would shop around. If you don't need it for another 6-12 months then I would hold on. There's no guarantees, but in the long run sterling will strengthen. It will be a good few years before it's as strong as it was (if ever), but it may be better than it is now.

Just my opinion of course. Who knows?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:25 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
When do you need the CAD? If you need it soon then you'll have to exchange it regardless of rate and I would shop around. If you don't need it for another 6-12 months then I would hold on. There's no guarantees, but in the long run sterling will strengthen. It will be a good few years before it's as strong as it was (if ever), but it may be better than it is now.

Just my opinion of course. Who knows?
It's all happened before. Back in the 70's the £ went down to $1.69CDN, in three years it was up to $2.90.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:51 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDC

Thanks
DDC
I would hold on to your UK currency. I think it will bounce back sooner than expected. The £ has depreciated quickly because we have dropped interest rates quickly and implemented alot of economic measures because we know how much deep trouble we are in.

The impact of the global downturn on Canada I think lags behind the UK by 6 to 12 months,just like the fall in the global houseprice bubble. I personally am expecting the pound to recover versus the Canadian dollar next year as the Canadian government starts to implement more measures in their economy after they realise how exposed they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.