Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pre existing medical condition

View Poll Results: What was your experience?
Company benefit plan, covered OK. They didnt ask.
74.07%
Company benefit plan, covered OK. But they did ask.
0%
Company benefit plan, coverage refused.
0%
Private personal plan, covered OK. They didnt ask.
3.70%
Private personal plan, covered OK. But they did ask.
3.70%
Private personal plan, coverage refused.
11.11%
No coverage when I came here anyway.
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Pre existing medical condition

Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:47 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre existing medical condition

Originally Posted by Clematis

I just wish that one of them had Orthodontic cover.
Dont we all
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre existing medical condition

Originally Posted by Steve_P
That is interesting and surprising.

When I went with the Alberta None Group plan administered by Alberta Blue Cross there were no questions asked. They covered everything I was taking at the time and there were never any questions about new drugs as they were added.

There was one drug (Plavix) which I have been taking since 2003 and after I had been with that plan for two years they said they would not reimburse me for any more for Plavix without a letter from my cardiologist. He provided the letter and they reinstated payment for it.
When I went with Blue Cross they asked me for permission to contact my previous insurer. From that, they evidently decided that I was a little expensive and increased my premiums from what would be considered "normal" but not prohibitively so.

I can see the business case they make and I don't have an issue with it.