Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is the PR wait, driving anyone else crazy this Xmas?

Is the PR wait, driving anyone else crazy this Xmas?

Old Dec 21st 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is the PR wait, driving anyone else crazy this Xmas?

Hi guys moral support needed

I dont know if it is me, but since I posted my docs off at the beginning of December, after getting 90 day letter in November. The days seems to be in slow motion and the wait is driving me insane. I know many of you have been where I am today and there for any advice and tips would be of help. Like many of you I intend this to be my last xmas in the UK, I just want some tips to help me get through the xmas period till my confirmation of get my PR is through!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 7:09 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is the PR wait, driving anyone else crazy this Xmas?

I sort of know how you feel, we are sending off for our TWP early to mid January and this time feels like a real limbo time. I've got a lot of things I need to do to tie up for the submission but also feel as if everything is happening in a bit of a bubble. TBH I just want to get Christmas out of the way so I can work on what I need to work on and get the application in. I'm already beginning to panic that it will get rejected which is a bit daft really as I have no reason to believe it will be but it is the waiting that is killing me.

Anyway today we decided as a family to spend these next couple of weeks decluttering, shredding years worth of bank statements and old credit card bills and getting piles of stuff together to put on ebay so it feels as if we are doing something positive.

In many ways I've withdrawn from friends and family a little bit becuase it all feels a little too hard as I keep thinking "this is the last ..." etc.

So instead we are trying to turn it into something positive without everyone weeping on us or making it any harder than it already is.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

rizwan_fareed will become famous soon enough

I got my 90 day letter too in November...and in the same position as you. I find myself day dreaming sometimes and wanting to get out there as soon as possible

You are not alone!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Maedros is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by englishrose1

I dont know if it is me, but since I posted my docs off at the beginning of December, after getting 90 day letter in November. The days seems to be in slow motion and the wait is driving me insane. I know many of you have been where I am today and there for any advice and tips would be of help. Like many of you I intend this to be my last xmas in the UK, I just want some tips to help me get through the xmas period till my confirmation of get my PR is through!
I had to wait five years for my Permanent Resident status (applied through Paris). At the time I thought it would take around a year, but... Hope its quicker for you. I hope you'll be here soon, fulfilling your dreams - thats what it's all about after all. Most Canadians, specially the one who've travelled to Europe, would probably find us crazy, some kind of extravagant people, who have it all in the Old Continent (wealth, culture, sophistication, art, the ability to travel anywhere they wish with their EU passports), and still want to come to their frozen land. An ex-girlfriend from Australia, Perth, still writes me e-mails saying I'm mad to leave Europe Hope you'll come soon and settle in The Beach, my favourite part of Toronto so far
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

I just want my passport back, so yeah, its getting to me too.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Yeah, it's driving us mad too. I was meant to start work on 1st October Everything has taken longer than promised. We were hoping to spend Xmas there - maybe we can do new year instead
The most annoying thing is that 2 days after we sent our passports off, our TWP's arrived :curse:

I know I've had a short wait compared to some, so I mustn't complain! Good luck to all those waiting for some news.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice

Oh, yes! At the time we applied I too was certain we'd be there by Christmas, but not the case. However, having moved out of our house (living with the inlaws) and booked tickets to fly in January, the process finally seems like it's going to happen - now if only that pesky visa would come through (or even the passport request)!
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by englishrose1

We are waiting every day for our passport requests - meds done 30 October, my OH has just been made redundant to add to the stress so we feel life is in limbo until we know for sure that we have been approved! 1025 days so far and counting......

Merry Christmas and good luck to everyone!

Hollis Family x
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:44 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

chc said ours would be here before xmas......two more posting days to go, so ever hopeful.......however, thinking back, they never said it would be THIS xmas.....lol
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 5:29 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Sent off my PR app in November, to be fast tracked, and not heard a thing...........just hoping its going to move quickly in January
Old Dec 24th 2008, 12:02 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Had my medical at Halloween, Got fed up of waiting for passport requests so emailed CIC. Apparently they sent 'a letter' on the 9th of December, the wait is killing me.