Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PR Fees - Family Class

PR Fees - Family Class

Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default PR Fees - Family Class

Yes, yes I know - I put this in the immigration forum as well but am desperate for an answer - so if anybody can help here, I would be most grateful!

We're applying under family class - my partner's Canadian and she'll be sponsoring me.

We've just about completed the forms and have gone to pay the fees on the internet so we can send the receipt off...only we're confused as what to pay!!

We know we have to pay the $475 Principal Applicant fee and the $75 sponsorship application, but do we have to pay the $975 "RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE" (RPRF) as well?

If so, is this paid now or later, when we've been accepted for PR (hopefully!).

Any help much appreciated.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:24 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Fees - Family Class

Originally Posted by Mr Lee
Yes, yes I know - I put this in the immigration forum as well but am desperate for an answer - so if anybody can help here, I would be most grateful!

We're applying under family class - my partner's Canadian and she'll be sponsoring me.

We've just about completed the forms and have gone to pay the fees on the internet so we can send the receipt off...only we're confused as what to pay!!

We know we have to pay the $475 Principal Applicant fee and the $75 sponsorship application, but do we have to pay the $975 "RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE" (RPRF) as well?

If so, is this paid now or later, when we've been accepted for PR (hopefully!).

Any help much appreciated.
Hi, really answering this so you don't think you're being ignored. we did the family class way, and I'm pretty sure we paid the whole amount at the start (don't quote me on that, as the weeks before we moved I was in a 'moving induced haze' from waking up 3 am every morning panicing that I'd forgotton something
Andy will answer for sure when he gets in from work
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR Fees - Family Class

You do have to pay it, either now or later, your choice entirely. If you decide to do it later, it doesn't add months to your application as the doom and gloom merchants will tell you, it added no more than a fortnight to ours.

When asked for it, we paid it instantly online but as you have to send a paper copy of your online receipt, you're still taking the time it gets to cross the Atlantic. Thankfully on that ocassion neither Royal Mail nor Canada Post messed it up for us