Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Potentially Possible Probabilities - Pheew !!!

Potentially Possible Probabilities - Pheew !!!

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:11 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potentially Possible Probabilities - Pheew !!!

Originally Posted by Uncle_Eddie
English is not my first language and sometimes I can be a bit slow in reading between the lines.

I guess , you have a different agenda to be on this thread.
Firstly my apologies, I wasn't playing on your lack of English skills at all. And secondly, yes my agenda is also for the humour but also beneath the veneer, trying to be informative too.

SO...to be informative. Quesnel was home to (one of) the gold rush in BC
so if you Googled it, you learn summink, eh ? The BC Interior is quite redneck, it is a love/hate thing for me.

R.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:48 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potentially Possible Probabilities - Pheew !!!

Originally Posted by Uncle_Eddie
English is not my first language and sometimes I can be a bit slow in reading between the lines .
Since that is the case, I'll explain my recommendation of Iqaluit.

It's an old joke that hasn't been used around here for quite some time.

Many newcomers arrive on the forum and ask, "Can someone recommend a good place in Canada?" They frequently do this without telling us a thing about themselves -- their age group, family status, occupation, the kind of climate they prefer, whether they prefer cities or rural areas, etc.

The fact that Canada is a vast country comprising six time zones makes it difficult for us to answer such a general question without background information about the person who asked it. The standard response to that sort of question used to be Iqaluit.

But then the Wiki section of this website was born. It consists of articles that have been written by forum members. It is, in effect, a Frequently Asked Questions section, in the sense that the Wiki articles do in fact answer many of the most frequently asked questions.

Since the inception of the Wiki, we've usually referred newcomers to it. This has drastically reduced the number of times the old Iqaluit response has had to be used.

When I read your original post in this thread, I felt overwhelmed. I certainly couldn't accuse you of providing too little information about yourself, which is the tendency of so many newcomers. To your credit, you provided plenty of information about yourself.

But that in itself was a challenge for me. It seemed that you'd be able to do so many different things that I didn't know where to begin. So I once again fell back on that old standby, Iqaluit.

Anyway, Ed, I wish you all the best in finding the spot in Canada that suits you best.
x