Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver Island Meet-Up

Vancouver Island Meet-Up

Old Jun 8th 2008, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vancouver Island Meet-Up

Hello fellow Islanders. Have just posted a reply in the "Hello From Victoria" thread in the Meet And Greet but thought we better start a new thread so that people spot it.

Heard a few people say that they would like another Vancouver Island meet up and we would be happy to have a "get-together" at our place during the Summer. We live in Cobble Hill in the Cowichan Valley so halfway between Victoria and Nanaimo. Perhaps people would like to suggest dates and then we can find a date to suit.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of
Default Re: Vancouver Island Meet-Up

What a pity we dont arrive until the end of Aug, or you could of counted us in.
Hopefully there will be more arranged in the future. Will keep a look out.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi emmabell, no date has been set yet so you may be lucky. If you can't make this one there will probably be others. Hope your emigration goes well.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by maddhobs
Hello fellow Islanders. Have just posted a reply in the "Hello From Victoria" thread in the Meet And Greet but thought we better start a new thread so that people spot it.

Heard a few people say that they would like another Vancouver Island meet up and we would be happy to have a "get-together" at our place during the Summer. We live in Cobble Hill in the Cowichan Valley so halfway between Victoria and Nanaimo. Perhaps people would like to suggest dates and then we can find a date to suit.
Lets us know when a date is set and we will most certainly try and be there.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:41 am
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold

we are arriving end August too - there abouts

ooooooh Emmabell we are from Blackpool also

hmmmm your not a nurse by any chance are you???
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Darren

I'll be in touch when I get back from the UK at the weekend.

Cheers

Jo

Old Jun 9th 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tanah
we are arriving end August too - there abouts

ooooooh Emmabell we are from Blackpool also

hmmmm your not a nurse by any chance are you???
Did do nursing when I was 19yrs old, but gave it up after 3mths....very strict then.
Been in civil service for 30yrs and just taken an early exit package that came just in time for our emigration. We are flying out on our one way ticket on 29th Aug, even if house sold or not. (well 2 houses actually).
Will really miss social life here so look forward to meeting up with expat islanders in the near future.
Let us know when you fly out Tanah and where you are going to. Small world eh.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jempee
Lets us know when a date is set and we will most certainly try and be there.
Hi Jempee, we will try and work out some dates and see what is good for everyone.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Boo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really nice

First off..Thanks Maddhobs for the invite, most generous of you have a do at yours. We would love to come along

So to get the ball moving: lets go for Sunday August 31st then hopefully Tanah & Emmabell will be able to come along (& also because the Monday is a holiday )
Old Jun 10th 2008, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boo Boo
First off..Thanks Maddhobs for the invite, most generous of you have a do at yours. We would love to come along

So to get the ball moving: lets go for Sunday August 31st then hopefully Tanah & Emmabell will be able to come along (& also because the Monday is a holiday )
Hi Boo Boo, Sunday August 31st is fine with us and you are right, it will give emmabell and Tanah a chance to come as well.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats really great. We will look forward to that, give us a chance as well for a drive out.
Suppose you will be wanting me to bring something from M&S or Tesco's, so get thinking, something I can slip in my suitcase easy because we dont know yet how long our goods to follow will be, I have already bought a tin of 'Heros' that are half price in tesco......(dont let exfats know)
Will be in touch, thanks again.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Boo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really niceBoo Boo is just really nice

ooh those small chocolate puddings with the liquid chocolate centers, or 'summer selection' cakes, or even. Sorry I was forgetting myself for a moment. Just bring anything from M&S, please & of coarse your good selves. Looking forward to meeting you.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boo Boo
ooh those small chocolate puddings with the liquid chocolate centers, or 'summer selection' cakes, or even. Sorry I was forgetting myself for a moment. Just bring anything from M&S, please & of coarse your good selves. Looking forward to meeting you.
Think someone has been watching too many adverts.......
But will see what I can do.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Canadian Star is an unknown quantity at this point

We'll be there August 31st, i'll bring some warm beer,Quavers,mini-cheddars and perhaps a Topic !

Look forward to meeting you all, do we wear national costume ?
If so which one of these ?
Attached Thumbnails Vancouver Island Meet-Up-01540021.jpg   Vancouver Island Meet-Up-field-tulips-2008-033.jpg  
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

buggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to allbuggalugs is a name known to all

Hey
Thats great of you to have the get together at your place. Me and my OH would love to come, so unless we find out differently I shall pencil the 31st of August as a go. I will of course bring some goodies to eat and drink. See you all then!
Cheers
Buggalugs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.