Reload this Page >

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:55 am
Banned

graham the eggman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Potentially moving to Halifax, NS

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Ha! He's got you with that one! Wham! Bam! on the philosophical ropes! The Eggman delivers a hammer blow!

Awesome!!
Thanks-most hate me for what should be obvious. I love Nova Scotia BUT change is needed.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:02 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham the eggman
Thanks-most hate me for what should be obvious. I love Nova Scotia BUT change is needed.
We can learn to love. But I can see why you think it's obvious why people hate you (your words not mine).
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:15 am
Banned

We're just chicken feed to Him!
No you all are to Harper, do as he say's and your fine but if your funded by him and he disagree he stops funds. One step of Communism, you do need to open your eyes in Canada.

I could tell you a lot more.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:22 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

No you all are to Harper, do as he say's and your fine but if your funded by him and he disagree he stops funds. One step of Communism, you do need to open your eyes in Canada.

I could tell you a lot more.
I don't know about everyone else but I'm sitting comfortably....
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:23 am
Banned

We can learn to love. But I can see why you think it's obvious why people hate you (your words not mine).
Because I ask you to face the 21st century and move from the 19th in so many respects ?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:24 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling to be in the presence of (self proclaimed) greatness?

Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling to be in the presence of (self proclaimed) greatness?

No just cold but I have a lady waiting for me, lucky girl
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:45 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

One day you will all realise how both the Federal and Provincial Governments take you for a big ride. Canada's Supply Management in farming has been criticized by all in the western world. It now only supports the "Big Boys" as the small have gone so why does Harper insist on retaining it and done at your-the consumer expense ??? What dairy produce does Canada export?? New Zealand's major export

Why do all provincial governments control alcohol sales and gambling ?? Again unheard of in Western Europe, governments set the tax rates free enterprise does the rest.

Graham
Well Graham, you're likely to get banned if you continue ranting on this particular thread, which would be a shame I think, because I agree with some of your non-ranting points (few and far between as they are).

Why don't you start a separate thread, possibly de-emphasizing milk, eggs and the NSLCB and concentrating instead on the devastation that Harper has inflicted on democracy and the economic future of Canada (not just NS)?

We could have an interesting chat on this subject elsewhere.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:50 am
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well Graham, you're likely to get banned if you continue ranting on this particular thread, which would be a shame I think, because I agree with some of your non-ranting points (few and far between as they are).

Why don't you start a separate thread, possibly de-emphasizing milk, eggs and the NSLCB and concentrating instead on the devastation that Harper has inflicted on democracy and the economic future of Canada (not just NS)?

We could have an interesting chat on this subject elsewhere.
Oh don't be so bloody logical; you'll spoil everything. This is fun!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 11:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Well Graham, you're likely to get banned if you continue ranting on this particular thread, which would be a shame I think,
Too late. I asked nicely twice, I wasn't going to ask a third time.

Graham is taking two weeks off from the forum and hopefully realising that he can't post in such a manner and ignore a moderator. When he comes back I'm sure he'll be capable of holding stimulating discussions, considering others viewpoints without belittling them, and possibly even commenting on something other than milk or alcohol.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:25 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, couldn't help it. :-)
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazbob

Sorry, couldn't help it. :-)
Beat me to it!!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 12:24 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Too late. I asked nicely twice, I wasn't going to ask a third time.

Graham is taking two weeks off from the forum and hopefully realising that he can't post in such a manner and ignore a moderator. When he comes back I'm sure he'll be capable of holding stimulating discussions, considering others viewpoints without belittling them, and possibly even commenting on something other than milk or alcohol.
I shall be really waiting for that little time out that ( I most certainly ) have sometimes felt the need for from time to time....can't wait to welcome you back Graham....
Old Nov 25th 2014, 11:32 am
Just Joined

redrobbo is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, our son lives in Halifax and we have been several times to visit then we moved there for 15 months 2012-13, then you begin to learn the down sides.
Canada in many ways is 50 years behind the UK/US-our son also lived US-but he is happy in Halifax.
Immigration is far from easy and expensive but if your skilled they will take you ???
Property much cheaper than UK-we rented for £500 a month all inclusive, run a car is cheaper-fuel-insurance can be expensive.
Food/beer/TV/Internet/cell phone is double and plus UK.
You can call me UK <snip> for a full low down, I won't put you off just wise you up and our son will have contacts that could help you.
Cheers
Graham
Graham is correct, I live in Halifax, it is so expensive. I thought a 70K job would get me by here but it doesnt. Im almost broke, spent all my live savings living here.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 11:47 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redrobbo
Graham is correct, I live in Halifax, it is so expensive. I thought a 70K job would get me by here but it doesnt. Im almost broke, spent all my live savings living here.
It is a widely perpetuated myth which is easily debunked by some research that Canada is cheaper than the UK. In some parts housing is cheaper but how much you spend on a house in any country is always up to the individual and a lender.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.