Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Plumbing Red Seal Challenger Prep in British Columbia?

Plumbing Red Seal Challenger Prep in British Columbia?

Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Jjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the roughJjuk26canada is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Plumbing Red Seal Challenger Prep in British Columbia?

Hi Guys, i spoke to a guy from the Uk while in Calgary in May this year, he says he used these guys.

I have emialed but i have had no reply yet, when it gets nearer for me i will call.

The company i have been speaking to tell me they would help as much as poss with the course through SAIT, http://www.sait.ca/start.php

http://www.mechanicaltrades.com/plumbing.html

Are you guys in Calgary?

Hey Wardy, we met some guys from Doncaster while out there, he works for himself fixing engines, they are loving it out there.

The Canada plumbing forums are always dead we should keep this one going during the process.

Last edited by Jjuk26canada; Jul 4th 2012 at 7:13 am.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha point proven pacepeter, only knew 2 off top of me head, medical gas lines and ro plant i have come across here, but none of others. Some hard studying to be done a recks. Jjuk26canada donny is a rapidly sinking ship were all trying to escape ha ha
Old Jul 4th 2012, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
Ha ha point proven pacepeter, only knew 2 off top of me head, medical gas lines and ro plant i have come across here, but none of others. Some hard studying to be done a recks. Jjuk26canada donny is a rapidly sinking ship were all trying to escape ha ha
Did a lot of work in Doncaster the year they had the floods also nicked all the copper pipe off my van while I was pricing a job up.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

pacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the roughpacepeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by wardy_1990
Yes that's the course I did helped a lot but I did it before it changed hands if any plumbers are coming to Calgary look me up
Old Jul 4th 2012, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

wardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond reputewardy_1990 has a reputation beyond repute

2007 at toll bar no doubt. Just started my pipe fitting apprenticeship then was sand bagging for pikey sites. Hard luck with the pipe would like to say thats just coz thats where all gypos live but unfortunately majority of donny is like that, honesty is doncasters 2nd best policy is always a popular saying,
On another note only place i found codes is on canadian research council site and its still 165 dollars might have to just get it off them
Old Aug 13th 2012, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eire pride
Hi, just relocated from Ireland and realized my credentials are not transferrable and I was asked to challenge the Red Seal here. I am looking for prep courses and only found one so far:

http://www.icba.bc.ca/courses_events...ration_001.pdf

Anyone know if this one's good or know of any other courses I can take?

Any experience with challenging if you had a solid european apprenticeship> I have 15 years of experience and am not looking forward to writing an exam again.
Hi all,

I lived in Vancouver from Jan 2011 till Jan 2012. I was on a youth one year working visa. I struggled to get work in Vancouver and also to find information on Plumbing when I was there. I spoke to one ot the tutors at BCIT whom told me he gets phone calls every week from people like myself trying to find info out on RED Seal plumbing exam. He siad he wanted to put a course together to help people out.

I found out towards the end of 2011 that BCIT finally were offering this course for people trying to challenge the Red Seal Exam. Bit to late for me to sit as I had to leave as my visa was due to expire and I returned to the UK.

BCIT in Vancouver course is a lot cheaper then the other one offered above. I dont know how good it is though. link = http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763253

However my gf is canadian and we are looking at immigrating to Canada at the end of 2013.

What I want to know is, can you challenge the red seal exam with a NVQ level 2 and 9630 hrs or does it have to be with a NVQ level 3 and 9630 hrs.

For me its been a long process of trying to find info out about the red seal and I even lived there and still struggled. I just got passed around on who to ask. It was bit of a joke.

Hope you have luck.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

It's the plumbing experiance hours that matter make sure you have referenceS to back it up
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:01 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrHyperPants
Hi all,

I lived in Vancouver from Jan 2011 till Jan 2012. I was on a youth one year working visa. I struggled to get work in Vancouver and also to find information on Plumbing when I was there. I spoke to one ot the tutors at BCIT whom told me he gets phone calls every week from people like myself trying to find info out on RED Seal plumbing exam. He siad he wanted to put a course together to help people out.

I found out towards the end of 2011 that BCIT finally were offering this course for people trying to challenge the Red Seal Exam. Bit to late for me to sit as I had to leave as my visa was due to expire and I returned to the UK.

BCIT in Vancouver course is a lot cheaper then the other one offered above. I dont know how good it is though. link = http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763253

However my gf is canadian and we are looking at immigrating to Canada at the end of 2013.

What I want to know is, can you challenge the red seal exam with a NVQ level 2 and 9630 hrs or does it have to be with a NVQ level 3 and 9630 hrs.

For me its been a long process of trying to find info out about the red seal and I even lived there and still struggled. I just got passed around on who to ask. It was bit of a joke.

Hope you have luck.
Provided you can prove 9000 hours of work experience (signed letters from employers or paysips) this is all that matters. If you cannot prove the hours ITABC may accept a sworn self declaration. Bring your certificates anyway, never know when they may be useful.

Qualification in BC is handled by ITA BC. Red Seal is just a standard, not an examination body, the exam as prepared and administered by the provincial training authority.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

hutchy100 will become famous soon enough

For my gas ticket I went to school in kamloops for bc you need to contact ita as there will tell you what u need to do
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

For ab its trade secrets
For onatrio I'm pretty sure its tssa
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:18 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hutchy100
For my gas ticket I went to school in kamloops for bc you need to contact ita as there will tell you what u need to do
For gas it is Safety BC, not the ITA who issue licenses http://safetyauthority.ca/
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Aviator
For gas it is Safety BC, not the ITA who issue licenses http://safetyauthority.ca/

These guys r wanting to do plumbing not the gas fitting
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by hutchy100
These guys are wanting to do plumbing not the gas fitting
See post 23
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Nelju is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a Interprovincial practice exam and the answer key for plumbing. You might want take a look to get an idea of the kind of questions asked. It is a tough exam. Even canadians doing the apprenticeship here have a high fail rate.

More informacion for the Red Seal here.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

MrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond reputeMrHyperPants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Provided you can prove 9000 hours of work experience (signed letters from employers or paysips) this is all that matters. If you cannot prove the hours ITABC may accept a sworn self declaration. Bring your certificates anyway, never know when they may be useful.

Qualification in BC is handled by ITA BC. Red Seal is just a standard, not an examination body, the exam as prepared and administered by the provincial training authority.
Thank you for clearing this up. I will do the mammoth task of trying to contact companies I was subcontracted by.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.