Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Plumber/gasfitter Kelowna

Plumber/gasfitter Kelowna

Old Apr 1st 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all
Default Plumber/gasfitter Kelowna

[
We have been looking for heating plumbing jobs in Kelowna, our qualifications have been approved by Ron Harrington and we have just had a job fall through (check previous posts).
We have been over to Kelowna and given out resumes to every company in the yellow pages with out even one phone call or email being returned.
Can any one tell us of any other ways of gaining employment on the PNP.
Thanks.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 4:03 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumber/gasfitter Kelowna

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
[
We have been looking for heating plumbing jobs in Kelowna, our qualifications have been approved by Ron Harrington and we have just had a job fall through (check previous posts).
We have been over to Kelowna and given out resumes to every company in the yellow pages with out even one phone call or email being returned.
Can any one tell us of any other ways of gaining employment on the PNP.
Thanks.
WTF is 'Ron Harrington' ? If I don't know, how would any Kelowna employer know.

Your next step is to chase up those companies you handed out your resume to. Politeness and patience is required young Jedi. If you trouble anyone with a huffy ansty attitude, that's the #1 way to piss off a potential employer. Perseverance mostly required. The system works differently over here in Canada, and certainly very differently here in K-Town than most of Canada. The pace and attitude to life is different, at this stage, you catch a glipse of what is before you in the Elysian Paradise. Adapt or die, go home sulking to terraced house slumland.

FWIW I know many companies are pulled out every which way and are even too busy to hire people, I know it sounds crazy, catch-22 situation, but that's K-Town for ya. Everyone is crazy double busy right now. Any old monkey contractor can make so much coin here and hardly work at it. You need to get lucky and catch a management/owner dude at just the right time of day. Avoid Mondays and Fridays. Monday too busy, Friday golf day. And if that follow up doesn't work, perhaps it wouldn't work out for you ? Who knows. This is all a random life thing. What is, is meant to be.

Rich.

Last edited by Rich_007; Apr 1st 2007 at 4:07 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:35 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Rich, I think Mr Hamilton is one of your favorite people:-
http://www.hjwsearch.com/
He may even own a snakeskin suit

From my experience, I can't really see getting a job as a plumber in Kelowna to be a problem. Building is huge out here and trying to get a plumber (a decent one) can take weeks as they're all so busy. Are you looking to get a work permit or PR? Are you needing them to contact HRDC etc? That may put a lot of potential employers off (dont know why, but it seems to ).
When you're living here though, I'd imagine you'd get a different response.
Good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bleech
Rich, I think Mr Hamilton is one of your favorite people //He may even own a snakeskin suit
Ya, pomaded hair, snakeskin shoes, cheap shiny suit, greasy handshake types. Hand-wringing, tooth sucking, money-grabbers. :curse:

Rich
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to allwoodywoodside is a name known to all

Ron Harrington is certification & licensing Analyst for British Columbia Safety Authority,
All gas fitters qualifications must be approved by him before you can work as a gas fitter.

must close for now as the sixteen children, four dogs, two cats, mother, mother and father inlaw need to be found somewhere to sleep in my two bedroom mid terrace slum, not an easy task but once you get used to the stench its fine and very warm on a cold night.
WTFUOA Rich STC
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Originally Posted by woodywoodside
Ron Harrington is certification & licensing Analyst for British Columbia Safety Authority,
All gas fitters qualifications must be approved by him before you can work as a gas fitter.

must close for now as the sixteen children, four dogs, two cats, mother, mother and father inlaw need to be found somewhere to sleep in my two bedroom mid terrace slum, not an easy task but once you get used to the stench its fine and very warm on a cold night.
WTFUOA Rich STC
Blather. You can heed my advice from one who's here and doing it for real [and heed Dingbat's experience/advice too] or go suck a mouldy old lemon AFAIAC.

Rich.