Photo's!!

Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photo's!!

New Canada Line under False Creek - pre-opening
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-canada-line.jpg  
Old Sep 5th 2009, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

and a couple from our wedding back in July on the beach in Stanley Park at sunrise
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-img_1348.jpg   Photo's!!-img_1404.jpg  
Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:21 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Who's been up to Sunshine Meadows in the summertime?
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-img_2958a.jpg   Photo's!!-img_2950a.jpg   Photo's!!-img_2899a.jpg   Photo's!!-img_2902a.jpg   Photo's!!-img_2925a.jpg  

Old Sep 5th 2009, 3:51 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Wow!!!!!

It's been on my to do list for some time but it just moved up to the top.

How would you rate it difficulty wise compared to some of the other Banff and Kananaskis hikes?
Old Sep 5th 2009, 4:12 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bananahammock
More from Nanaimo ~ well, not strictly true cos the one of Mt Baker I took from the ferry out of Horseshoe Bay ~ the others are all local tho!
I was over in Nanaimo last month with the OH, shame it was hazey we couldn't see Mount Baker. That's a cracking shot of yours though!!
Old Sep 5th 2009, 5:28 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful photos Morwenna

Originally Posted by Tony the pilot
I was over in Nanaimo last month with the OH, shame it was hazey we couldn't see Mount Baker. That's a cracking shot of yours though!!
Thanks you can often see Mt Baker from the Nanaimo parkway/highway but the heat did hide it for a while
Old Sep 6th 2009, 1:09 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
It's been on my to do list for some time but it just moved up to the top.

How would you rate it difficulty wise compared to some of the other Banff and Kananaskis hikes?
Well the view that looks almost like an ariel shot is from the top of Mt Standish, and that bit is optional, a short but steepish climb from the main trail. Both of us had our hearts thumping rather on that leg, but the view was worth it.
If you miss that bit out, the most strenuous part of the climb is the first 1 km up from the village. Here's what the website http://www.sunshinemeadowsbanff.com/...ne_meadows.htm has to say: (the bold print is my own)

Walking trails for all abilities (almost)
At the Sunshine Meadows the trails are all considered easy and can be walked by anyone of any age, in reasonable physical condition. The steepest part of the trail system is at the very beginning where the trails lead you up and out of the meadow that Sunshine Village sits in and over the continental divide. The total elevation gain over 1 km is about 100 m. (300 ft. in a 1/2 mile). All trails are gravelled and ideal for all weather. On the trails at the Sunshine Meadows, you'll also find many benches, numerous viewpoints and 2 outhouses. (Talk about luxury!)

From our point of view it wasn't at all a difficult hike, except I am having trouble with my knee, (having surgery next month for a torn cartilage), and wouldn't have managed the downhill bits without my two poles. I was fine going UP!

It is also quite high of course so the altitude might affect you adversely (?), but you can take it as slow as you like and leave out some of the loops. There are loads of benches to rest all the way around, and even two outhouses strategically placed. There were quite young families up there. The website says it's just coming up to a popular time for the larches changing colour, and of course we were a little too late for the summer flowers. We plan to go again next year in July!
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:34 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the view that looks almost like an ariel shot is from the top of Mt Standish, and that bit is optional, a short but steepish climb from the main trail. Both of us had our hearts thumping rather on that leg, but the view was worth it.
If you miss that bit out, the most strenuous part of the climb is the first 1 km up from the village. Here's what the website http://www.sunshinemeadowsbanff.com/...ne_meadows.htm has to say: (the bold print is my own)

Walking trails for all abilities (almost)
At the Sunshine Meadows the trails are all considered easy and can be walked by anyone of any age, in reasonable physical condition. The steepest part of the trail system is at the very beginning where the trails lead you up and out of the meadow that Sunshine Village sits in and over the continental divide. The total elevation gain over 1 km is about 100 m. (300 ft. in a 1/2 mile). All trails are gravelled and ideal for all weather. On the trails at the Sunshine Meadows, you'll also find many benches, numerous viewpoints and 2 outhouses. (Talk about luxury!)

From our point of view it wasn't at all a difficult hike, except I am having trouble with my knee, (having surgery next month for a torn cartilage), and wouldn't have managed the downhill bits without my two poles. I was fine going UP!

It is also quite high of course so the altitude might affect you adversely (?), but you can take it as slow as you like and leave out some of the loops. There are loads of benches to rest all the way around, and even two outhouses strategically placed. There were quite young families up there. The website says it's just coming up to a popular time for the larches changing colour, and of course we were a little too late for the summer flowers. We plan to go again next year in July!
Thank you my dear for that most useful info.

Altitude is not necessarily the issue it's the climb on foot that does me in. I can get there, it just takes me a lot longer with numerous rest stops along the way.

I managed Tunnel Mountain a couple of years ago. I know it's considered easy.

But I would really like to try Sunshine Meadows perhaps next summer too.

Not the greatest of shots but it was taken from the top of Tunnel Mountain.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Taken in the last couple of days here in NS
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-4th-sept-09-beach-01.jpg   Photo's!!-4th-sept-09-back-beach.jpg  
Old Sep 6th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Sunset at Jericho Beach park taken a week ago.
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-jericho-beach-park-vancouver-bc-8-.jpg   Photo's!!-jericho-beach-park-vancouver-bc-10-.jpg   Photo's!!-jericho-beach-park-vancouver-bc.jpg  
Old Sep 7th 2009, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

A few from this summer ...

(and I'll be cheeky and prompt you to look at the blog in my signature for more photos! )
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-p1020652.jpg   Photo's!!-p1020719.jpg   Photo's!!-p1020730.jpg   Photo's!!-p1020780.jpg   Photo's!!-p1020819.jpg  

Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Madwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud ofMadwife has much to be proud of

See if this works, it did the other day for the Doggy thread!!

These I took in April May 2009 in Vancouver and arround. The whales were the first Orca of the season and everyone was very excited!!

see if these work as well: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=44eef7f9d5

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=5f5ca2ab62

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=9813cf2f18
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-img_3158.jpg   Photo's!!-img_3176_edited-1.jpg   Photo's!!-img_3188.jpg   Photo's!!-img_3352_edited-2.jpg   Photo's!!-img_2553.jpg  

Last edited by Madwife; Sep 7th 2009 at 9:50 am. Reason: added links x
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to everyone who uploaded their photos. Would love to see some winter ones if you have any!!

I am sure in spme parts of Canada you have had some snow already
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:31 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Thanks to everyone who uploaded their photos. Would love to see some winter ones if you have any!!

I am sure in spme parts of Canada you have had some snow already

Last edited by Oink; Nov 1st 2009 at 6:34 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Very good!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.