Photo's!!

Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photo's!!

Originally Posted by act1980
Well, my next visit isn't until December

Anyone want to share photos of their surroundings to keep me going for a bit?

Pleaseeeeeeee
The road to Whistler and Tofino, Vancouver island, taken last month.
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-clear-sea.jpg   Photo's!!-tofino-air.jpg   Photo's!!-island-mist.jpg   Photo's!!-road-whistler.jpg  
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smelly
The road to Whistler and Tofino, Vancouver island, taken last month.
These are incredible!! They look like professional photos! Amazing!!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:35 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dboy
The area is very misunderstood - The city is spending a million dollars a day on social programs and housing in the area, more than any other city in Canada. The city recently bought about 20 of the worst hotels which are being renovated for social housing.
I know - have been doing some stuff with Heritage vancouver - amazing some of the projects. Pennsylvannia hotel was a big one . . others in the making. I like that area - the buildings have more history - most of the people are harmless. Have stood opposite Save on meats a few times of a late night waiting for the bus - no probs!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:48 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I know - have been doing some stuff with Heritage vancouver - amazing some of the projects. Pennsylvannia hotel was a big one . . others in the making. I like that area - the buildings have more history - most of the people are harmless. Have stood opposite Save on meats a few times of a late night waiting for the bus - no probs!
That might be pushing it.

The area is actually quite cool and as previously posted, the buildings have lots of character and characters. I wouldn't want to live there though.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:54 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
That might be pushing it.

The area is actually quite cool and as previously posted, the buildings have lots of character and characters. I wouldn't want to live there though.
I have waited there on my own at about 10 pm -been fine . maybe its my SAAARF london vibes that puts them off!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:02 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have waited there on my own at about 10 pm -been fine . maybe its my SAAARF london vibes that puts them off!
I actually love the area - it really is a community in change - lots to be done but the amount of change there at the moment is staggering. When the Paris block and Woodwards are complete there will be something like 600 additional residential units in the area - which will force further change. Concord Pacific is also planning developing the area. There is no where else for the city to go - change is inevitable.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:21 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

some from us .....
1- Chinook Sunset
2- Trestle along the Kettle Valley Railway, Okanagon, previously destroyed by fires in 2003, and restored/reopened last year.
3- Rocky Mountain Vista
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-img_2014c.jpg   Photo's!!-img_2888.jpg   Photo's!!-bb.jpg  

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Aug 19th 2009 at 6:24 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

I know the area, and The4BellsLondon isnt exaggerating. It's not a dangerous place, although it mayappear to be. The people there are for the most part harmless. You're in no more danger waiting for a bus there than you would anywhere else in the city.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Lychee
I know the area, and The4BellsLondon isnt exaggerating. It's not a dangerous place, although it mayappear to be. The people there are for the most part harmless. You're in no more danger waiting for a bus there than you would anywhere else in the city.
I agree. It does take some getting used to though. If the area were to improve a bit more, I would consider living there. The city and the province are committed to turning the area around and recognize that the 'throw money at it' approach has not worked.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:34 pm

Some Ariel photos of vancouver - 1982 vs 2009 - amazing at how much the city has changed in such a short time. You can also see how the city will invariably expand to the DTES:
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-ariel-pic-vancouer-1982.jpg   Photo's!!-ariel-pic-vancouver-2009.jpg  

Last edited by dboy; Aug 19th 2009 at 6:45 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:38 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You know you are ten times more likely to be killed in Vancouver than you are in New York city.

its because you don't live in New York City.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:47 am
half a century

Originally Posted by Oink
You know you are ten times more likely to be killed in Vancouver than you are in New York city.

its because you don't live in New York City.
oh very good!!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Here are some pic's taken at Port Dalhousie (near St Catherines) recently.

(The last one made me smile......reminds me of some places from back home!)
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-dsc_0277.jpg   Photo's!!-dsc_0281.jpg   Photo's!!-dsc_0297.jpg  
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Some more from NS
Attached Thumbnails Photo's!!-ice-tree-02.jpg   Photo's!!-sunrise-2009-19-feb01.jpg   Photo's!!-chipmunk02.jpg  
Old Aug 21st 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Keep 'em coming guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.