Phd in....

Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Phd in....

Rather than blame students for being unsuitable MBA candidates I would rather question the motives of University departments. Dont forget that Unis are major businesses these days and they run huge marketing campaigns to fill in their courses, it brings in money for the uni and pay for the staff.

If the students at Queens were not fit for an MBA(as Souv points out and I sure he's honest about it) then I wonder how they got there in the first place. Its a shared responsibility! My definition of a good Uni is one that guides the student in the right direction, its as simple as that.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:42 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
Rather than blame students for being unsuitable MBA candidates I would rather question the motives of University departments. Dont forget that Unis are major businesses these days and they run huge marketing campaigns to fill in their courses, it brings in money for the uni and pay for the staff.

If the students at Queens were not fit for an MBA(as Souv points out and I sure he's honest about it) then I wonder how they got there in the first place. Its a shared responsibility! My definition of a good Uni is one that guides the student in the right direction, its as simple as that.
Which is?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

It may be unfair to single Queens out. The universities have to work with what they get from high schools! Personally, having been a school administrator and teacher, I believe that governments want schools to graduate medicore, unchallenged, non-threatening, and uncritical (though they spout about critical thinking they are scared of "critical theory") fodder for the job market. The job of universities (according to govenment) is to fit them up with the appropriate piece of paper for their chosen profession.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Which is?
......acquiring the needed experience before embarking on an MBA, as an example.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

......acquiring the needed experience before embarking on an MBA, as an example.
But just a single example. There is no "right direction" for all students. They're adults and should anyway make their own decisions.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

But just a single example. There is no "right direction" for all students. They're adults and should anyway make their own decisions.
and pay cash to unis.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:43 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

and pay cash to unis.
I'd rather they learn to pay their way through life early than have the government raise taxes for me to pay for them
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:02 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
I'd rather they learn to pay their way through life early than have the government raise taxes for me to pay for them
I spend your taxes on marketing campaigns, and thank you for your contribution
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:03 pm
Born again atheist

and pay cash to unis.
Yes. But that's not a choice that was made by the unis, is it?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:04 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. But that's not a choice that was made by the unis, is it?
Are you saying this is supply and demand? I'm shocked
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:05 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I spend your taxes on marketing campaigns, and thank you for your contribution
Not yet you're not
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:09 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Not yet you're not
No, your taxes in the UK are spent much more wisely.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:23 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alan2005

please no more my sides can't take it...
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:20 pm
Beep

At the moment they're paying for a good knees up in Brighton
Old Sep 29th 2009, 11:45 pm
Born again atheist

Are you saying this is supply and demand? I'm shocked
What are you getting at with that? Believe me, the universities would much prefer it if they didn't have to charge tuition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.