Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Permanent Residence Card

Permanent Residence Card

Old Sep 28th 2009, 2:52 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Permanent Residence Card

I landed on the 6th of August 2009 and have since returned to the UK. My SIN card has been dispatched to my address in Canada and subsequently forwarded to me in the UK by my friend. However, I have not yet received my PR Card. Should I be worried? I read somwhere that it should take upto 6 weeks to get mailed to you but my case is over 6 weeks. I called the call centre on +1 888 242 2100 but it would not go through becasue I was calling from outside Canada. Any advise will be appreciated.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:58 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Permanent Residence Card

Hi

Originally Posted by bryandavid
I landed on the 6th of August 2009 and have since returned to the UK. My SIN card has been dispatched to my address in Canada and subsequently forwarded to me in the UK by my friend. However, I have not yet received my PR Card. Should I be worried? I read somwhere that it should take upto 6 weeks to get mailed to you but my case is over 6 weeks. I called the call centre on +1 888 242 2100 but it would not go through becasue I was calling from outside Canada. Any advise will be appreciated.

Sydney is backlogged, as a new
style PR card was issued on 27/08/09 so, it will take longer than the 30 days.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand - if the card has already been forwarded by your friend, then the delay lies somewhere between Canada Post and Royal Mail? (or whichever service your friend used to forward it).

Has your friend posted it using a trackable service?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:32 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ann m
I don't understand - if the card has already been forwarded by your friend, then the delay lies somewhere between Canada Post and Royal Mail? (or whichever service your friend used to forward it).

Has your friend posted it using a trackable service?
I think you read wrong, it is his SIN card that was received by his friend, they have not received a PR card at all.

I landed in March and have still not received mine at my Father in laws. you can apply for free in 6 months, if not it's only $50 to apply later.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheadboy
I think you read wrong, it is his SIN card that was received by his friend, they have not received a PR card at all.
Yep - you're right - misread it - ignore me
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

We landed 11th August and were told it could be around 12 weeks - certainly no less than 8.

So sit tight - I'm sure they'll be with you soon enough.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:53 am
Just Joined

justyzz is an unknown quantity at this point

my family's card took 9 weeks to recieve.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

12 weeks! ouch....oh well only another 6 weeks to go for me then
Old Oct 5th 2009, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

We landed in Feb 2009 and have since returned to the UK. We still received our PR card and like you were given a toll free number that can only be called within Canada. We are just going to have to pay the $50 when we move there I guess
Old Oct 5th 2009, 4:21 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Landed on 27th July at CIC Mississauga, PR Card turned up on about 12th September, so I think it's probably just a backlog.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:04 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Permanent Residence Card

My friend in Canada whose address I am using sent me an email today that she has received my PR card. Hurray!