pensions

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

railman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pensions

hello, railman here,
im involved in the immi process and am waitng my turn for a visa sat in the uk for perhaps another six months yet,still we all have to do our time eh ? q..when you move to C .can you take your uk state pension with you at that time? or do you have to wait till retirement age before you can move it ,im just curious because there probably wont be anything left of it by then judging by the way the govt keep fiddling around with things!
thanks
steve
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 9:34 pm
Brit on the move

karen&Ted will become famous soon enough
Default Re: pensions

Originally posted by railman
hello, railman here,
im involved in the immi process and am waitng my turn for a visa sat in the uk for perhaps another six months yet,still we all have to do our time eh ? q..when you move to C .can you take your uk state pension with you at that time? or do you have to wait till retirement age before you can move it ,im just curious because there probably wont be anything left of it by then judging by the way the govt keep fiddling around with things!
thanks
steve

Hello railman,

Im just finishing up in the Army, I am able to take my Army pension with me but i believe my state pension freezes once i leave for canada. I beliewve i am right in saying once i then reach pension age i then right and ask for mine.

Hope this helps a little
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

CJ6680 is an unknown quantity at this point

you will still get your military pension and will receive your state pension from the day you are ntitled to it in the uk, just have it sent to canadian bank and choose to pay their tax on pensions instead of the uk tax, you will not be stung
Old Oct 4th 2003, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: pensions

Originally posted by karen&Ted
Hello railman,

Im just finishing up in the Army, I am able to take my Army pension with me but i believe my state pension freezes once i leave for canada. I beliewve i am right in saying once i then reach pension age i then right and ask for mine.

Hope this helps a little
Your UK state pension will be frozen at the time you reach 65.
I have been receiving the pension since 1995 and it's still at that rate ( no COL increases)
http://www.britishpensions.com/objectives.html

Last edited by Keith; Oct 4th 2003 at 2:05 pm.