Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

PEI for vacation this summer

PEI for vacation this summer

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold
Default PEI for vacation this summer

I know there are some people here who live on PEI so am asking for your help

Am planning a 2 week holiday this summer (probably August) with husband and 2 kids (4, 7) and my head is spinning with the research.

The only conclusion I have reached is we DON'T want to stay in Cavendish but other than that.............

We may camp, may rent a cottage (if I can find one cheap enough), want to travel around a bit but also want about a week in one place near a nice beach. I guess the sea off the south shore is that bit warmer so am thinking more south/east. The west looks interesting but not sure we want to stay there for any length of time. Correct me if I'm wrong......

Anything we should definitely do or not do?

Thank you
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:12 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PEI for vacation this summer

Originally Posted by tallperson
I know there are some people here who live on PEI so am asking for your help

Am planning a 2 week holiday this summer (probably August) with husband and 2 kids (4, 7) and my head is spinning with the research.

The only conclusion I have reached is we DON'T want to stay in Cavendish but other than that.............

We may camp, may rent a cottage (if I can find one cheap enough), want to travel around a bit but also want about a week in one place near a nice beach. I guess the sea off the south shore is that bit warmer so am thinking more south/east. The west looks interesting but not sure we want to stay there for any length of time. Correct me if I'm wrong......

Anything we should definitely do or not do?

Thank you
Hi
We live on PEI.a fantastic place to live and holiday.
Have you been to the island before? i ask because its very busy during the holiday period so i would book up asap.for your trip.
You are never that far away from a beach no matter where you stay all within a short drive.
Lots to do for adults and children during the summer and the costs to eat out are very reasonable.
Ever thought of having your base in Charlottetown and exploring the Island ? we did that on our first holiday and it was great.
Lots of beaches around the Island and hundreds of cottages to rent during the season so guess you will be spoiled for choice.If i can help get in touch.
Best wishes Vi.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

teeoffchris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi
We live on PEI.a fantastic place to live and holiday.
Have you been to the island before? i ask because its very busy during the holiday period so i would book up asap.for your trip.
You are never that far away from a beach no matter where you stay all within a short drive.
Lots to do for adults and children during the summer and the costs to eat out are very reasonable.
Ever thought of having your base in Charlottetown and exploring the Island ? we did that on our first holiday and it was great.
Lots of beaches around the Island and hundreds of cottages to rent during the season so guess you will be spoiled for choice.If i can help get in touch.
Best wishes Vi.
I agree Charlottetown is fantastic!! we stayed at the Grate George Inn and wow what a place.

Not sure if it is suitable for the kids and to be honest its not the cheapest but wow! The rooms were as good as we have seen and as for the home baked cookies served at 3pm (which you find yourself smelling for about 30 mins before hand and keep popping down to reception to see if they have been served)

teeoffchris
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 9:36 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teeoffchris
I agree Charlottetown is fantastic!! we stayed at the Grate George Inn and wow what a place.

Not sure if it is suitable for the kids and to be honest its not the cheapest but wow! The rooms were as good as we have seen and as for the home baked cookies served at 3pm (which you find yourself smelling for about 30 mins before hand and keep popping down to reception to see if they have been served)

teeoffchris
I agree the Inns are fantastic.................. but you forgot the amazing breakfasts Dont think its for children though. Vi.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the replies!

I think we will start off in Charlottestown for a few days or a week but would still like a 2nd week on the beach. Which beach I can't decide though! I did read that the sea on the south coast is significantly warmer than the north so maybe that would influence me. Decisions, decisions..........