Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

pegging out washing

pegging out washing

Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:39 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pegging out washing

Originally Posted by dbd33
They were a gift! Yesterday the puppy ate halfway through one, I was in trauma, if it was destroyed I might have to admit to finding them practical and actually buy some myself. That or strap 14 hole docs on each time the laundry needs moving along.
Now I know what to buy you for a Christmas present!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:51 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

har. this thread is so random. who knew washing could be so divisive?

I've noticed the same no-line thing in a lot of new developments here. In our old, but new, 'eco' community, no one dried their clothes outside except us...they all used their dryers.

Now we live in an old neighbourhood with slobby clothes-line drying neighbours. I've found my people.

guess I'm not posh. or canadian. cos we don't even own a dryer....

I love the smell of sundried clothes. And I'm cheap.

but rules like this is one reason why i would never buy in a new development again.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of

Its a bloody joke isnt it! i have three kids and the cost of keep running the drying is so much. Its free to dry clothes outside and in the summer clothes only take an hour to dry and thats it.!

lisa dd

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
har. this thread is so random. who knew washing could be so divisive?

I've noticed the same no-line thing in a lot of new developments here. In our old, but new, 'eco' community, no one dried their clothes outside except us...they all used their dryers.

Now we live in an old neighbourhood with slobby clothes-line drying neighbours. I've found my people.

guess I'm not posh. or canadian. cos we don't even own a dryer....

I love the smell of sundried clothes. And I'm cheap.

but rules like this is one reason why i would never buy in a new development again.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lisadd
Its a bloody joke isnt it! i have three kids and the cost of keep running the drying is so much. Its free to dry clothes outside and in the summer clothes only take an hour to dry and thats it.!

lisa dd
Hang 'em outside. See if anyone complains. Has your landlord confirmed if you can/cannot use a line yet.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:34 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of the older house's in Winnipeg have clothes lines, big old elaborate devices with pullies and wheels and steps to stand on, many are over 50 years old and still functioning.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:52 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

hmm - here in Burnaby Bc I just peg it out - no one has said nowt - yet!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:23 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SaraF1
But even better if they had hung the washing out to dry!!!
Its a tad chilly here for that for 5/6 months of the year, OK for the rest though.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Its a tad chilly here for that for 5/6 months of the year, OK for the rest though.
You can peg out the washing until it gets to zero ish. Especially if it's sunny. You have to be careful if the washing does freeze though as you can snap the frozen clothes in half when you are taking them back in again.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:35 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
You can peg out the washing until it gets to zero ish. Especially if it's sunny. You have to be careful if the washing does freeze though as you can snap the frozen clothes in half when you are taking them back in again.
We have a rotary thingy that we use when possible. It's great for sheets etc. It's less good for jeans. My 501s can be propped up in a corner when they've been line-dried.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
We have a rotary thingy that we use when possible. It's great for sheets etc. It's less good for jeans. My 501s can be propped up in a corner when they've been line-dried.
Somehow I never saw you in 501s
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:45 pm

Pretty much all I wear, apart from the rare occasions these days when I have to wear a suit, or mid-summer, when I wear shorts.

The 501s go with the Docs and No. 4 hair.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I now think of them as the jeans worn by city slickers.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
I now think of them as the jeans worn by city slickers.
Hick.

My preference for them lies mainly with the fact that I don't need to try them on before buying. They come in a 31/32, which fits me exactly.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:12 am
RETIRED Realtor

I've always imagined him a silk smoking jacket, with a pipe and a glass or merlot.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:27 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
I've always imagined him a silk smoking jacket, with a pipe and a glass or merlot.
You know that's not far off. All of that and the 501s.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.