Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Paying back student loan

Paying back student loan

Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying back student loan

Originally Posted by el_richo
I'm merely using the postings within this thread as a basis for my comments, and clearly people cannot differentiate, based on what's written here.
Who? Who on this thread does not know which aspect of the student loan student situation pisses him or her off?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:38 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Who? Who on this thread does not know which aspect of the student loan student situation pisses him or her off?
Read the quotes within my previous post
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Read the quotes within my previous post
The one in which readytomove laments being "double screwed"? I took that to mean screwed by having to deal with the SLC as well as screwed by the government. That seems to me to be an accurate and succint summation of the circumstances. Perhaps he or she will return so you can explain how all of this is, in fact, a series of blessings. It's perhaps best to stick to doing that via the internet.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:54 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

The one in which readytomove laments being "double screwed"? I took that to mean screwed by having to deal with the SLC as well as screwed by the government. That seems to me to be an accurate and succint summation of the circumstances. Perhaps he or she will return so you can explain how all of this is, in fact, a series of blessings. It's perhaps best to stick to doing that via the internet.
I read it as being doubly screwed by the SCL.

Who on this thread believes this is a series of blessings?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I read it as being doubly screwed by the SCL.

Who on this thread believes this is a series of blessings?
You alone have a good word for the SLC.

"providing a payment scheme much more attractive when compared to other financial organisations"

Very bold of you. I look forward to your expanding this role as defender of the indefensible by making the case for the BNP, the ethics of John Terry, the British government's role in Iraq and the willing consumption of Canadian beer.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:11 pm
Beep

"providing a payment scheme much more attractive when compared to other financial organisations"

Very bold of you. I look forward to your expanding this role as defender of the indefensible by making the case for the BNP, the ethics of John Terry, the British government's role in Iraq and the willing consumption of Canadian beer.
I don't agree with the increased costs of higher education and the retraction of grants but is my statement incorrect?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I don't agree with the increased costs of higher education and the retraction of grants but is my statement incorrect?

Your original statement was not incorrect. Unhelpful, superior, an example of kicking someone while they're down, in short thoroughly unpleasant, but not factually inaccurate, no.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

Hold on a second; I think you are being a bit harsh on EnRicho. Ultimately if one took out a student loan, one knew the "rules when they went on to the pitch" and if they didn't like them they didn't have to take part in the game. It not like someone was holding a gun to their head and making them sign up for the loan. I think that some people need to get a reality check.

In contrast, whilst most students were living the life of Reilly, those not lucky enough to go to University were working and paying income tax / NI / etc.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Yelkcub
Hold on a second; I think you are being a bit harsh on EnRicho. Ultimately if one took out a student loan, one knew the "rules when they went on to the pitch" and if they didn't like them they didn't have to take part in the game. It not like someone was holding a gun to their head and making them sign up for the loan.
The other option to taking out a student loan is to have rich and/or indulgent parents. It may be that el_richo was prudent enough to arrange for that but I don't see that his having done so justifies adopting a superior attitude toward those who did not.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:25 pm
Beep

Your original statement was not incorrect. Unhelpful, superior, an example of kicking someone while they're down, in short thoroughly unpleasant, but not factually inaccurate, no.
Yes, i hope my sarcasm did not cause them too much distress.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really niceYelkcub is just really nice

The other option to taking out a student loan is to have rich and/or indulgent parents. It may be that el_richo was prudent enough to arrange for that but I don't see that his having done so justifies adopting a superior attitude toward those who did not.
At the risk of sounding superior myself, and I am trying not to, there was a third option - get a job as a trainee and do on the job training in a career.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Yelkcub
At the risk of sounding superior myself, and I am trying not to, there was a third option - get a job as a trainee.
A trainee what?
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:30 pm
Beep

Nope, i had a student loan and had the same payment terms as everybody else.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

A trainee what?
A trainee in your prefered profession - not everyone has to go to University to get qualified there are vocational qualifications that can lead to or be equal of a degree. There were qualifications such as ONC, HNC, HND and the like when I left school. I am sure similar ones exist now.

Going to University is a choice and whilst some professions do require that path be followed, others don't. Professions such as Doctors are in the former and I don't really think that when you look at what they eventually earn, they can't really moan too much about paying a little back. Vocations such as Accountants can either follow the trainee or University route.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nope, i had a student loan and had the same payment terms as everybody else.
So why aren't you moaning then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.