Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Overnight hotel Gatwick

Overnight hotel Gatwick

Old May 29th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Overnight hotel Gatwick

any recommendations for inexpensive hotel near gatwick, need to be able to drop off hire car( after checking in), call hotel to pick us up and then stay overnight, then next day get a shuttle back to get flight.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overnight hotel Gatwick

There is a group called Premier Inn . If you go to their website you´ll see they have one very close to the airport buildings. They´ve had very good recommendations of their various hotels on Tripadvisor, and advertise rooms at 49 pounds. I can´t remember now, if that´s where I stayed a while ago, but they had a great deal in that if you weren´t happy with something as far as your room was concerned, you paid nothing and the airco made too much noise for me so I complained but as I arrived late in the evening and they had nobody to see to it, there was no charge for the room. I slept Ok anyway!
Old May 30th 2011, 2:32 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Another hotel group to consider is www.britanniahotels.com. They have a few hotels around the Gatwick area. The hotel - airport transfer fee is £5 per person per direction. This might price them out compared with other hotels.
Old May 30th 2011, 3:26 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Not 100% sure but I don't think we liked the Menzies Chequers.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Check out parking4less, they offer airport parking, airport hotel+parking or airport hotels only. We usually plump for the mystery hotel they offer. Never been dissapointed.
Old May 30th 2011, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice

We used APH they provided a hotel and parking for less then we could book a hotel for. We stayed at the effingham park or something like that.it was very good.
Old May 30th 2011, 3:36 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dfjordan
There is a group called Premier Inn . If you go to their website you´ll see they have one very close to the airport buildings. They´ve had very good recommendations of their various hotels on Tripadvisor, and advertise rooms at 49 pounds. I can´t remember now, if that´s where I stayed a while ago, but they had a great deal in that if you weren´t happy with something as far as your room was concerned, you paid nothing and the airco made too much noise for me so I complained but as I arrived late in the evening and they had nobody to see to it, there was no charge for the room. I slept Ok anyway!
We used the Premier inn, it's walkable from the terminal building. Nothing exciting and I think we paid £29 for it last summer.

I dropped the family off at the hotel when we got there, then took the rental car back before walking back to the hotel. All worked out fine.

They also have a shuttle which is easier than the walk with all your luggage and kids etc depending on what you have. We used that on the morning of the flight.
Old May 30th 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

we used Travelodge last time we went through Gatwick, cant comment on the car aspect as we used the long term parking and shuttle service which was great.
Old May 30th 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
any recommendations for inexpensive hotel near gatwick, need to be able to drop off hire car( after checking in), call hotel to pick us up and then stay overnight, then next day get a shuttle back to get flight.

I came back from a trip to Europe last week and flew out of Gatwick to Halifax (Thomas Cook, but that's another story). I stayed at the Castle Lodge Guest House in Horley, which is about 3 minutes from the airport. They picked me up late and dropped me off at the airport the next day. The inn itself was quiet and clean, the hosts are very very nice and they had a good continental breakfast as well. I paid 49 Pounds including transfer and breakfast for a single room. I will go back there again on my next trip.

edit> I also stayed at the Yotel at Gatwick airport on my arrival day.. they are right at the airport on the lower level, their "rooms" are little compartments like on the train, but you have your own shower/toilet/basin , a bed , TV and internet. They charge by the hour and minimum stay is 4 hours ( I paid 26 pounds for 4 hours and the price goes up with every hour.. I thought it was great..it beat sitting around at the airport and waiting for a connecting flight.... They are usually booked out overnight, so it's worth booking beforehand. The room was clean and quiet and I would also use that one again...

Last edited by woodworm; May 30th 2011 at 5:31 pm.