Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Our NS holiday!!!

Our NS holiday!!!

Old May 10th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice
Smile Our NS holiday!!!

LOVED IT ----- LOVED IT ---- LOVED IT ------ LOVED IT

Well it wasnt so much as a recce as just having a look round to see if it is somewhere we would move to after previously wantin to move to BC!! Yes i definatley would live there.

Flew out with Air Transat, Excellent service, I cannot fault them. As we were a group of 5 with a baby (so 6) The air steward (without us knowing) asked a couple to move, moved the woman sat next to us into a 2 seat with someone from her party and then said to us that we would need the extra room with a baby so basically gave us a spare seat!!

On arrival at NS, It was red hot, 27 degrees i think.

Our self contained accommodation was gorgeous and comes highly recomended (pm me for details), The kids loved seeing the Deer wandering around the garden!

We basically spent the 9 days exploring, I think we did 2500 Km in the car by the time we returned it.

We visited Peggys cove, New Glasgow (loved it), Truro (werent sure on 1st impressions but 2nd time liked it) Arisaig (gorgeous & exactly like its scottish namesake) Had a drive to Tatamagouche via Wentworth?, Wolfville (loved this town) Digby/Long Island to see the "Balancing rock" remote but gorgeous setting, Had a look around the Leisure days RV centre, just because lol. Pottered about Halifax and surrounding areas & saw the Titanic graves. Did other stuff as well!

We had dinner one night at The Taj Mahal in Halifax, I can reccomend that as well, It wasnt any better or worse than our local indian just different.

We met with a woman from the "Department of Labour & workforce" regarding DHs work get certified in NS, She wasnt sure so went out of her way to find out the Society website (even tho id already been on it) and also gave us the contact details of a woman who she thinks could help and also emailed her herself as a double hit!!

The roads are a bit cr*p though & we couldnt get over the fact there was no traffic on the roads, Our meeting was at 9am in Halifax so we allowed an extra 30 minutees to get there which we didnt need as there was no traffic (in a capital city at rush hour time, unles rush hour was earlier or later) I did have a scary moment driving home from Halifax at 10 pm, Happily heading down the highway when from nowhere the fog came like a brick wall, i couldnt see a thing it was awful, I couldnt even pull over for DH to drive as it was his turn to drink so couldnt!!!!!

All in all Nova Scotia is a very nice place and i could happily live there, So we`ll see what happens next!

Soz for the boring post lol
Old May 10th 2009, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our NS holiday!!!

Glad it went well and you enjoyed it
Old May 10th 2009, 2:03 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

Sounds like you had a fab time exploring

Glad you liked it!!!!

Biiba x
Old May 10th 2009, 8:39 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Thanks for posting Rockspie.

We are due out on our trip this week and can't wait.

Rubie

x
Old May 10th 2009, 9:39 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Our NS holiday!!!

That's good news.Sounds promising
Best of luck with your trip Rubie
Old May 10th 2009, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

lowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the roughlowbo is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Sounds really good and makes me even more excited as we are due out on tues !!

cant wait, thanks .

Traci
Old May 10th 2009, 10:33 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockspie
LOVED IT ----- LOVED IT ---- LOVED IT ------ LOVED IT

Well it wasnt so much as a recce as just having a look round to see if it is somewhere we would move to after previously wantin to move to BC!! Yes i definatley would live there.

Flew out with Air Transat, Excellent service, I cannot fault them. As we were a group of 5 with a baby (so 6) The air steward (without us knowing) asked a couple to move, moved the woman sat next to us into a 2 seat with someone from her party and then said to us that we would need the extra room with a baby so basically gave us a spare seat!!

On arrival at NS, It was red hot, 27 degrees i think.

Our self contained accommodation was gorgeous and comes highly recomended (pm me for details), The kids loved seeing the Deer wandering around the garden!

We basically spent the 9 days exploring, I think we did 2500 Km in the car by the time we returned it.

We visited Peggys cove, New Glasgow (loved it), Truro (werent sure on 1st impressions but 2nd time liked it) Arisaig (gorgeous & exactly like its scottish namesake) Had a drive to Tatamagouche via Wentworth?, Wolfville (loved this town) Digby/Long Island to see the "Balancing rock" remote but gorgeous setting, Had a look around the Leisure days RV centre, just because lol. Pottered about Halifax and surrounding areas & saw the Titanic graves. Did other stuff as well!

We had dinner one night at The Taj Mahal in Halifax, I can reccomend that as well, It wasnt any better or worse than our local indian just different.

We met with a woman from the "Department of Labour & workforce" regarding DHs work get certified in NS, She wasnt sure so went out of her way to find out the Society website (even tho id already been on it) and also gave us the contact details of a woman who she thinks could help and also emailed her herself as a double hit!!

The roads are a bit cr*p though & we couldnt get over the fact there was no traffic on the roads, Our meeting was at 9am in Halifax so we allowed an extra 30 minutees to get there which we didnt need as there was no traffic (in a capital city at rush hour time, unles rush hour was earlier or later) I did have a scary moment driving home from Halifax at 10 pm, Happily heading down the highway when from nowhere the fog came like a brick wall, i couldnt see a thing it was awful, I couldnt even pull over for DH to drive as it was his turn to drink so couldnt!!!!!

All in all Nova Scotia is a very nice place and i could happily live there, So we`ll see what happens next!

Soz for the boring post lol
Glad you had such a great time xx
Old May 11th 2009, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

hobbitess is on a distinguished road

As a newbie this is soo helpful as we (my lot and brother in law+kids) are looking at NS. Plan a trip in May

Just pondering wether to gamble and get the app in or wait til we have done the trip. I'm a Health Visitor/RGN but not sure about sitting the exam to practice

Have you applied and I would love the deets of where you stayed.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

hobbitess is on a distinguished road

As a beginner I am sooo envious of you guys, it seems such a mountain to climb. What time frames have you had? Would anyone recommend using an agent? If so who?
Old May 11th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Don't appologise for your thread.

Not boring.....its just the kind of information others need when doing their research. Other peoples immpressions add to the overall picture.

I am so glad you liked NS.
The roads are bad right now. They are starting to fill in some of the holes and they paint all the lines back in where they have worn away....A lot of tax dollars go into that I think!!
Old May 11th 2009, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbitess
As a beginner I am sooo envious of you guys, it seems such a mountain to climb. What time frames have you had? Would anyone recommend using an agent? If so who?
Depends, for us it only took weeks as DH was lucky not to need a LMO but I know another RN who did it all in 8 months and sat CRNE after she got out here and passed. Looks like next year before I sit it as I need to do some courses due to problems with transcripts.
Old May 11th 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rockspie ,
we are coming out this August for a feel for the place and hope we have as good a time as you seem to have had .

Thanks for posting Rockspie.
Arty & Co
Old May 11th 2009, 3:46 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by budcolin
That's good news.Sounds promising
Best of luck with your trip Rubie
Thanks Budcolin

Can't wait now, I'm sooooo excited I'm worse than the kids

I shouldn't really be on here though, I should be packing instead. Got loads to do.

Rubie

x
Old May 11th 2009, 6:28 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Glad you enjoyed the visit to NS, we cant wait to get there

Good luck with your plans
Old May 11th 2009, 7:19 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Our NS holiday!!!

Originally Posted by Rubie
Thanks Budcolin

Can't wait now, I'm sooooo excited I'm worse than the kids

I shouldn't really be on here though, I should be packing instead. Got loads to do.

Rubie

x
Get packing Rubie.
Come to think of it, I shouldn't be on here either....I should be selling stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.