Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Our Dream Will Live On.

Our Dream Will Live On.

Old Dec 3rd 2006, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Dream Will Live On.

Ross and Vi,
so so sorry to hear your bad news.Dont give up the fight and the fact that you are where you want to be will give you the added ammo to fight this condition.
God Bless and watch over both of you.
Arty & Family
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 12:40 pm
has got PPR yay baby !!!!

deenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud ofdeenailz has much to be proud of

felt so sad reading your post , but at least you can do everything you want in a place you love , take care love dee x
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

chrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the roughchrisi65 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi Everyone
To those who remember us..........Ross and Vi.......Moved to PEI.
Sorry for taking so long to get in touch with all of you who were a great support to us during our PNP to PEI.
Well we still love this island and the great new friends we have made since moving here.We have managed to cope with the summer and all its darn cute ''biting bugs'' (LITTLE SODS)
The Fall has been amazing such fantastic colours a pleasure to drive across the island and take it all in.........
Our dreams of a new life together in this amazing place will not be as we had hoped.My dear sweet hubby has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has been undergoing intensive chemo but we are aware we may only have 24 months together to enjoy our new life ,and enjoy it we shall.
My friends ask if i will return home once hubby is no longer with me.........my reply '' I AM HOME'' this was our dream and i shall continue to live it for both of us.
We have plans to travel throughout Canada and do all the things we have dreamed of including a visit to see the polar bears something Ross has always wanted to do........
Our friends here have been very kind and some have been praying for his recovery for which i am truly grateful.... such kindness.
To those of us having a rough time at present always remember you are never alone.........and life will go on perhaps not as planned but it will go on.
I have some fears for what may lay ahead but hope i will be strong enough to cope and to continue our dream.
Good luck to all of us trying to make a new life.
God Bless Vi.
Thankyou for sharing such personell news to us. It made us cry as we are just in the motion of starting our new life and so it makes you realise just how lucky we are. Please dont ever give in and stay stronge, my aunt in the states had terminal cancer and although they only gave her a year to live she managed another 8 years after that, another aunt in canada has beaten colon cancer so i really do think you are in the best place to fight this illness and get out of life all you can, just keep positive. we wish you both the very very best in life and you should be very proud of yourselves to keep living your dream. Take care and god bless you both.
Christine and Darren.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

dkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura aboutdkvl has a spectacular aura about

So sorry to hear your news. Although difficult times may lie ahead, I wish you time to enjoy each others company, and the opportunities to do the many things you want to do.

Take care

Deborah
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:26 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Vi

I'm not a regular to the Canadian forum nor do I live in Canada.

My thoughts and prayers go out to both you and Ross. Thankful that you had sometime together to live the dream you both had.

As an aside, living in Canada I wonder if anyone has told you about Canada's great cancer nurse, Rene Caisse. Here's a link that you might want to look at and read. Nothing in life is guaranteed and that includes medical diagnoses. As my wonderful oncologist said, if cancer is caused by nature, it can be cured by nature.

http://www.essiacinfo.org/

He said it is safe to take and no reason for my not continuing to take it. Yes, I'm a cancer survivor. And yes, I followed all the medical recommendations, i.e. surgery for my breast cancer and didn't stop treatment because of a herbal formula.
i was sending my reply in the form of karma as i did not in any way want to detract from the original post, please forgive me, but its important to note the above, this is what this forum should be about, not petty backbiting and point scoring, trying to sound intelligent, quoting some obscure reference you have found on the net as your own.
once again all the best. oh, and my chronic back pain cured by Chinese herbal remedies after months of intensive physio did nothing, give it a go.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:31 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to read your news. I cant add anything to what the others have said, It really puts every thing in perspective. I wish you both all the best and really admire your positive attitude. God Bless.

Last edited by iaink; Dec 4th 2006 at 2:02 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all

Ditto to the previous comments made by other posters.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope that you continue to remain positive....... it is inspirational to see someone still maintaining such a positive outlook on life when under such difficult circumstances.

Warmest wishes and kind thoughts to you both.

Have a truly warm christmas together.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to here your sad news.

Good luck and enjoy the remaining time you have together.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Annie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vi,

So sorry to read your post. My thoughts are with you both. Keep strong.

Love Annie
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really niceTom Masters is just really nice

Hi Vi

As others have already said, we will also be praying that you and Ross enjoy each day you have together to the full and that you will have the strength and courage you need in the times that lie ahead. Take care and God bless, Chris and Tom.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:40 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

I am so touched by your post.

I very much hope for a positive turn around for you and if that is not possible I hope that your time together is very fruitful and warm.

My mother lost her best friend to cancer a few years ago...the lady in question faced it all with incredible calmness.

We all have so much to learn about being human.

Best of good luck to you.

BB
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:38 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

I am so sorry to hear your news, I don't know how I would cope in your situation. I cannot bare the thought of it.

I wish you all the best and hope you have many, many more years of happiness together.

Jane
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:15 am

ville303 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Ross and Vi

You are 'living the dream'...you are very brave...our thoughts and prayers are with you at this time
Our sincerest, best wishes to you.

Airseir and Ann101 (Paul and Julie)xx
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Just wanted to say that your post really touched me and i hope you have some wonderful time together living your dream.

As i told many family and friends before we left the UK 'HE WHO DARES WINS'

and you have won x