Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Our Dream Will Live On.

Our Dream Will Live On.

Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:40 am
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our Dream Will Live On.

Hi Everyone
To those who remember us..........Ross and Vi.......Moved to PEI.
Sorry for taking so long to get in touch with all of you who were a great support to us during our PNP to PEI.
Well we still love this island and the great new friends we have made since moving here.We have managed to cope with the summer and all its darn cute ''biting bugs'' (LITTLE SODS)
The Fall has been amazing such fantastic colours a pleasure to drive across the island and take it all in.........
Our dreams of a new life together in this amazing place will not be as we had hoped.My dear sweet hubby has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has been undergoing intensive chemo but we are aware we may only have 24 months together to enjoy our new life ,and enjoy it we shall.
My friends ask if i will return home once hubby is no longer with me.........my reply '' I AM HOME'' this was our dream and i shall continue to live it for both of us.
We have plans to travel throughout Canada and do all the things we have dreamed of including a visit to see the polar bears something Ross has always wanted to do........
Our friends here have been very kind and some have been praying for his recovery for which i am truly grateful.... such kindness.
To those of us having a rough time at present always remember you are never alone.........and life will go on perhaps not as planned but it will go on.
I have some fears for what may lay ahead but hope i will be strong enough to cope and to continue our dream.
Good luck to all of us trying to make a new life.
God Bless Vi.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:53 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our Dream Will Live On.

hi vi,

just been reading your post and sounds like you guys have more than enough on your plate just now, it's so good that you made it to PEI when you did and are enjoying the times you have together, that's what life's all about....take care, good luck and keep us posted
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Vi!
My heart breaks for you two!

I am so happy for you both that you managed to live some of your dream at least.
Enjoy your time together, it is very precious.

Love and laugh as much as you can.

Be strong and God bless and keep you both.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:28 am
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of the sadest posts I've ever read on here.
I'm really sorry to hear about your hubby, but I'm really glad that you're in a place that you love and hope you enjoy your time together.
Not very good with words,
Bleech x
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I do not regularly visit this forum, but I did today.
Have sent you a P.M.
xxx

Have sent you a P.M. Please let me know if you got it. I've never sent one before.

Sorry for taking so long to get in touch with all of you who were a great support to us during our PNP to PEI.
Well we still love this island and the great new friends we have made since moving here.We have managed to cope with the summer and all its darn cute ''biting bugs'' (LITTLE SODS)
The Fall has been amazing such fantastic colours a pleasure to drive across the island and take it all in.........
Our dreams of a new life together in this amazing place will not be as we had hoped.My dear sweet hubby has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and has been undergoing intensive chemo but we are aware we may only have 24 months together to enjoy our new life ,and enjoy it we shall.
My friends ask if i will return home once hubby is no longer with me.........my reply '' I AM HOME'' this was our dream and i shall continue to live it for both of us.
We have plans to travel throughout Canada and do all the things we have dreamed of including a visit to see the polar bears something Ross has always wanted to do........
Our friends here have been very kind and some have been praying for his recovery for which i am truly grateful.... such kindness.
To those of us having a rough time at present always remember you are never alone.........and life will go on perhaps not as planned but it will go on.
I have some fears for what may lay ahead but hope i will be strong enough to cope and to continue our dream.
God Bless Vi.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Sunshine Girl; Dec 2nd 2006 at 4:47 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 6:41 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for coming here to give us an update, Vi.

I am so sorry to hear your news. I wish you and Ross a very special time while you can be together.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:48 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

All the above sentiments from myself too.

Enjoy what you have....

Paul.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:56 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

So glad you got there when you did and that your still going to keep living the dream, hope you get a load more great memories together.

My thoughts are with you?

Emma x
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vi

Have just read your thread and like another postee - have to admit I had tears in my eyes when reading it. What more can I say except enjoy life to the limit and that my heart and best wishes goes out to both you and your hubby.

Gaynor
xxxxx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 2:21 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

I too echo all the above sentiments. Felt so sad reading your post and was touched by your strength at such an emotional time.
I'm sure you will make the most of every second you have together.
God bless you both.

x Debbie x
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:30 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

What a very sad post, made me well up inside.

Glad you both made it to PEI and have such wonderful new friends. Hope you both fulfil many more of your dreams over the next few years. My thoughts are with you both.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:55 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi Everyone
God Bless Vi.
2 things.
1. never give up, uncle 86yrs, fought right across africa, with stirling and was monties bodyguard, shot , bombed, terminal cancer last 3 yrs, gave him 6 mths, still as bright as a button and i wouldn't fight him, some of these Dr.'s don't know their arse from their elbow.
2. all those who bitch, wine and moan about the inconsequential minor irritations in their life on this site take note of the above.
all the very best for the future, rae.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 3:59 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this. I hope your time together is everything you want it to be.
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

getoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond reputegetoutofbritainquick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi Everyone
God Bless Vi.
Wow what a thread. You have our deepest sympathies and great courage to keep going. Strange thing to think, I was recently thinking the same thing before we move out to BC. What would I do a similar thing happened to one of us. God I could only answer that question if it ever happened and cannot begin to comprehend what you must be going through.

It puts life into perspective with all of our petty whinges.

We all wish you the very best and hope you all pull through at this very difficult time.

Good luck and warmest thoughts.

Paul & Sarah
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 4:43 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

What sad news, but so glad to hear you are happy together living your dream....

A reminder to everyone that you never know what the future holds, and you only have one go at it, so live life to the full people. No regrets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.