Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Opinions on CanadaLive! Exhibitions

Opinions on CanadaLive! Exhibitions

Old Sep 23rd 2016, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opinions on CanadaLive! Exhibitions

Originally Posted by CLW78
Thanks everyone for your responses. Helpful as always. We would need to make a trip down from Scotland so it would be quite an expense for us. I think we will stick to this forum for advice etc.

Things are moving fast so my questions may increase significantly over the coming weeks ;-)

Cheers,
Cherie

I met a couple at the Birmingham expo last year who had driven down from Stirling area! They weren't even angry, they just seemed gutted :s
Old Oct 6th 2016, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Twink1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been to a couple in Scotland and were a waste of time. Only 1 immigration company. Majority of stands were for New Zealand and Australia. We did go to a Working in event though and that was much better with reps from Saskatchewan, Vancouver and Alberta 😊
Old Oct 6th 2016, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twink1978
We have been to a couple in Scotland and were a waste of time. Only 1 immigration company. Majority of stands were for New Zealand and Australia. We did go to a Working in event though and that was much better with reps from Saskatchewan, Vancouver and Alberta 😊

When and where was that? I have been to working in events too and had nothing but what I described above.

Did BC,SK or AB reps provide any information on work or contacts for employers?
Old Oct 6th 2016, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Twink1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

That was a while ago in Glasgow. I seen they were coming again but that was London. There were a couple of employers from Canada and immigration cic from Saskatchewan. A couple of students from Vancouver and the immigration service from Vancouver. They were doing visa assessments for a reduced fee.
To be honest we have got far more advice from on here!!
Old Oct 6th 2016, 2:36 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

You might consider looking at the Canadian High Commission's calendar of events. We went to a couple of these before coming to Canada. They were extremely helpful. One was hosted by the Government of Alberta and I made a couple of valuable contacts with Economic Development team in Calgary.

Their events page is here Calendar of events

Good luck! J
Old Oct 6th 2016, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jingle
You might consider looking at the Canadian High Commission's calendar of events. We went to a couple of these before coming to Canada. They were extremely helpful. One was hosted by the Government of Alberta and I made a couple of valuable contacts with Economic Development team in Calgary.

Their events page is here Calendar of events

Good luck! J
Good information thanks!