Reload this Page >

Ontario, hairdressing licence exam

Ontario, hairdressing licence exam

Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:44 am
The Ivory's

Richard Ivory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ontario, hairdressing licence exam

Thanks Denise,

I'm going to try to get the book and get all my books out and do some swatting up and buy a dolls head and go over my cutting skills as havent done anything for a while only my hubby and kids.
I didnt learn relaxing,wigs,hairpieces and extensions so will need to put extra in on that!!!

Thanks again Celia.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Miss Mew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canbritdenise
Ill try, I will just look to see if I still have it. Its been a few years now for me as well.
Cool! that would be much appreciated.
Old Sep 15th 2011, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

C.westoby is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill try, I will just look to see if I still have it. Its been a few years now for me as well.
Hi Denise I'm new to the forum and fairly new to Canada. I'd just like to ask you where you work as my hair really needs a cut and I'm not going to be visiting England until Christmas time.
Many thanks
Caroline
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:20 am
Just Joined

sylvia17 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello to everyone, im going to re write my exam and im really scare that im not going to pass, iv been reading the book and i also have some multiple questions of the exams that i got from a book... if anyone can give me any advice i would appreciated very much.

thank you.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:15 am
Just Joined

MBella is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to share my news. I PASSED
Ive been a hairdresser for 20 years, so taking an exam now, scared the bleep out of me. Was told by everyone not to worry that most people fail on their first attempt but you had three trys at it, at $100 bucks ago. But no need for that, first attempt and passed. (only just but who cares).
Im now legal to cut your hair Biiiiink.
Anyone interested in details let me know. (hooray, hooray,now goes off quietly, with bottle of wine)

HI Denise,

I have my exam in two weeks and I'm so stressed. I noticed that you took yours few years back, is there any chance you still have some information on the exam questions?
I'm grateful for any help.

Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:24 am
Just Joined

Hari Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=canbritdenise;6365660]thanks for replies.

Hi Friend

Can you guide me in detail, I am planning to appear for Hairdressing EXAM.
Regards,

Hari Ohm
Old Jan 29th 2012, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Hari Ohm;9870984]
thanks for replies.

Hi Friend

Can you guide me in detail, I am planning to appear for Hairdressing EXAM.
Regards,

Hari Ohm
Sure. I will pm you with what I have. It was a while ago now, but feel free to ask any questions.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 3:27 am
Just Joined

British by design is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for replies.
The ministry of employment for Ontario reconise a city & guilds qualification for hairdressing, so it meant that I only had to take the written exam. They give you 4 hours to complete a 120 multiple choice test.
occupational skills
hair & scalp care
cutting hair
styling hair
chemically waving & relaxing hair
colouring hair
wigs, hairpieces & extensions
sales & marketing
Some questions were common sense but some, you had to really think about because there could have been two possible answers.
PM if you want some of the questions. I think I can remember some.
Some questions I felt were unfair because it would depend on lots of factors.

The lady that interviewed me for the exam advised me to get a copy of the Milady manual from the local collage but I got one on ebay. This was really helpful for different wording, and yes they are taught slightly different here. They also warned me that lots of people fail the first time as they dont know what to expect, but I felt by reading the questions slowly and thinking about them methodically really helped me. There were 3 other young girls taking the same exam and they were finished and out in 45mins, when I finished some 3 hours later I asked the lady how they had done it so quickly and was told it was there third attempt so they new most of the answers.
You pay $100 each attempt, so this makes you try hard on your first.
Good luck to all who is taking it soon.
I am the exact same as you, and i agree do read the Milady text book, it is the wording that is different just take your time and you will do fine, i have opened a salon just out side of Barrie(40 mins north of Toronto) and if any Engish hairdresser is looking for work or is going to be please do contact me you can check out my salon at <snip>

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 16th 2012 at 11:59 am. Reason: Pls read the site rules re: advertising.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 12:22 am
Just Joined

panjwas is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=canbritdenise;9872279]
Originally Posted by Hari Ohm

Sure. I will pm you with what I have. It was a while ago now, but feel free to ask any questions.
I would appreciate if you could PM me the questions, as my wife is apprearing for Exam this at end of April.
Old May 1st 2012, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

lizzy 24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking for a if anybody can help me to pack my hair styling license.
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzy 24
I am looking for a if anybody can help me to pack my hair styling license.
Have you tried an envelope? or one of those padded courier packs?
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

lizzy 24 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=panjwas;9997150]

I would appreciate if you could PM me the questions, as my wife is apprearing for Exam this at end of April.
I am going to right my test for my hair styling if anybody know what's the question on the test Ontario Canada ill be helpful I have more than 10 years and I think I'm ready to write my test it's hard to study even do you have your own family to take care I preciate if someone can help me.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

rlmwyatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Denise can you pleaes pm me any of the questions you remember.. Im going for my test August 7th Ekkkk lol

Thanks hun
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

rlmwyatt is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to share my news. I PASSED
Ive been a hairdresser for 20 years, so taking an exam now, scared the bleep out of me. Was told by everyone not to worry that most people fail on their first attempt but you had three trys at it, at $100 bucks ago. But no need for that, first attempt and passed. (only just but who cares).
Im now legal to cut your hair Biiiiink.
Anyone interested in details let me know. (hooray, hooray,now goes off quietly, with bottle of wine)
Please Pm me any details that you can remember I write my test August 7th
Old Jul 31st 2012, 1:01 am
Just Joined

ott2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello

can you PM me with the info too please, I'm planning to take the hairstylist exam soon and I need what to study.

thanks