Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

One week to go!

One week to go!

Old May 15th 2012, 11:51 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One week to go!

Good luck with the move, sure its going to workout really well,
Old May 15th 2012, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Tony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud ofTony-the-Tigger has much to be proud of

For the first week, you will be waking at 3 in the morn and wanting your bed by 7 in the evening!

Especially with your 3 year old, I would suggest taking it easy and enjoying your new surroundings. Play it by ear.
Old May 15th 2012, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Why not get an actual barbecue?
It is.
Old May 15th 2012, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lvh76 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by London Mike
You won't.
Buy a Weber within 24 hours of landing and get some propane. The weather's beautiful. Just kick back, cook some ribs and enjoy the breeze off of the lake. Good time to arrive.
Sounds like a plan. The house we're moving into has this HUGE BBQ which I have no idea how to work so I think we'll resort to sticks to make fire.
Old May 15th 2012, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tony-the-Tigger
For the first week, you will be waking at 3 in the morn and wanting your bed by 7 in the evening!

Especially with your 3 year old, I would suggest taking it easy and enjoying your new surroundings. Play it by ear.
No different to our nocturnal routine now!! Ha ha xx
Old May 15th 2012, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Good luck with the move, sure its going to workout really well,
Thanks Nikki! I've told Tim to look you up too! X
Old May 15th 2012, 10:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
It is.
Sorry, the reference to propane made me think it was one of those gas stoves on the porch the lazier Canadians use instead.
Old May 15th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for Toronto Islands. It is a great place for families. The ferry over is fun. Consider taking a picnic if the weather is nice. Great views of the city. Nice walks. The Centreville amusement park is open all weekends in May - fully open in June.

http://www.toronto.ca/parks/island/

http://www.centreisland.ca/

Other ideas:
- Toronto Zoo
- Niagara Falls and/or Niagara-on-the-Lake day trip

Last edited by MarylandNed; May 15th 2012 at 11:13 pm.
Old May 15th 2012, 11:28 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lvh76
Thanks Nikki! I've told Tim to look you up too! X
sounds good
Old May 16th 2012, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
Another vote for Toronto Islands. It is a great place for families. The ferry over is fun. Consider taking a picnic if the weather is nice. Great views of the city. Nice walks. The Centreville amusement park is open all weekends in May - fully open in June.

http://www.toronto.ca/parks/island/

http://www.centreisland.ca/

Other ideas:
- Toronto Zoo
- Niagara Falls and/or Niagara-on-the-Lake day trip
Thanks Ned (assuming your name is indeed Ned!). We are parking Niagara until the in laws visit in July
Old May 16th 2012, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ned (assuming your name is indeed Ned!). We are parking Niagara until the in laws visit in July
Just in case you were thinking about it, it's illegal to send the in-laws over the Falls in a barrel.
Old May 16th 2012, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Just in case you were thinking about it, it's illegal to send the in-laws over the Falls in a barrel.
Damn!!!!!! Im peed off with them because we said they could stay for a max of one week and they've booked their flights for a two week stay. Where's the furthest place I can send them in Canada from Toronto on a trip??
Old May 16th 2012, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Damn!!!!!! Im peed off with them because we said they could stay for a max of one week and they've booked their flights for a two week stay. Where's the furthest place I can send them in Canada from Toronto on a trip??
I know we all have fun at the expense of the in-laws at times. I'm as guilty as anyone. My in-laws would frequently come visit for a month even though we indicated that 2 weeks was long enough. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law passed away a little over 2 years ago at a relatively young age after a fight with cancer. I really miss her now and we feel really guilty about trying to limit her time with us and her grandchildren. We'd give anything to have her visit us again for a month.
Old May 16th 2012, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

I know we all have fun at the expense of the in-laws at times. I'm as guilty as anyone. My in-laws would frequently come visit for a month even though we indicated that 2 weeks was long enough. Unfortunately, my mother-in-law passed away a little over 2 years ago at a relatively young age after a fight with cancer. I really miss her now and we feel really guilty about trying to limit her time with us and her grandchildren. We'd give anything to have her visit us again for a month.
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. I feel bad now
Old May 16th 2012, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Inuvik In the summer months they get almost 24 hours of daylight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.