Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

offer on house

offer on house

Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

TRAX123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default offer on house

Hi everyone, we got an offer on our house in the UK. Its under the asking price, but thats to be expected in the current climate, and we are just relieved to get rid of it at this stage.

Wish everyone in the same boat all the very best of luck

Trax123
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:17 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: offer on house

well done! such a nightmare, really, isn't it....we're hoping to exchange this week..............!!!!!!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:29 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRAX123
Hi everyone, we got an offer on our house in the UK. Its under the asking price, but thats to be expected in the current climate, and we are just relieved to get rid of it at this stage.

Trax123
Hi!
Congrats on the offer!
We did two wrong things:

1. Letting our buyer know that we were emigrating and 2. taking the house off the market!

The buyer did all she could to make things difficult and reduce our house further, to the point of saying that she had had builders inspect the ties of the brickwork which needed work (no-one had even been out). Saying the plumber said that we had lead pipes in the house (he said no - and even rang his report to her from our phone!). She insisted on us having a tree removed which was beloved by the whole village (costly!)

I got so mad that we had to call her bluff and say we were putting the house back on the market - two weeks before we were leaving the UK.

So the moral of this story is - wait for the signature on the bottom line - there are sharks out there!

Best of luck though
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:33 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point

PS - she signed the next day!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

That's great new Trax
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seaham gal
PS - she signed the next day!
Play her at her own game. Well done!!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:14 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Trax123
Well done TRAX.....i'm sure your delighted
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Trax123
Hi Trax123,

Good for you. Everything crossed they stay the course. Then, depending on where you are going when you come to Canada, get your own back on the housing market here!

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:52 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Well done on the house...finger crossed for a quick exchange

My buyer was the :curse::curse: from hell, i really feel sorry for the people that have the house we want now, my realtor thinks i am nuts, he will do when i tell him i want to go real low...watch his face next week........

Like eamonn said....you can save the bucks this side - good luck
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

TRAX123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, yes it has been a nightmare, fingers crossed the nightmare is coming to an end!!!!

will keep you all posted

trax
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:02 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Trax123
Keep everything crossed until you have exchanged. Good luck!
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
Well done on the house...finger crossed for a quick exchange

My buyer was the :curse::curse: from hell, i really feel sorry for the people that have the house we want now, my realtor thinks i am nuts, he will do when i tell him i want to go real low...watch his face next week........

Like eamonn said....you can save the bucks this side - good luck
Since we're on our way back to the UK and are selling up in Cochrane, I'd be intrigued to know where you live and what percentage on the low side you're going to try your luck with?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:05 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Posidrive
Since we're on our way back to the UK and are selling up in Cochrane, I'd be intrigued to know where you live and what percentage on the low side you're going to try your luck with?
I live in lethbridge and would say the lower the better
At a ball park fiqure we are being advised 30/50k, maybe more if the house is over priced, depends on the house and also the part of town

Sorry to hear that you are selling up, we took a massive hit in the uk to get here, so like a few in town we are waiting until the sellers bite better, but it is a buyers market
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondevil
Sorry to hear that you are selling up, we took a massive hit in the uk to get here, so like a few in town we are waiting until the sellers bite better, but it is a buyers market
We took the massive hit coming here just under 4 years ago and are getting stressed about the prospect of another hit going back despite having the house up for sale at a price that will net us less that what we paid for it 3 years ago, well before the 2007 property spike. Our problem appears to be that we designed the house to a more British style and it's not getting the interest that it should because Canadians have no taste or sense of style
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Posidrive
We took the massive hit coming here just under 4 years ago and are getting stressed about the prospect of another hit going back despite having the house up for sale at a price that will net us less that what we paid for it 3 years ago, well before the 2007 property spike. Our problem appears to be that we designed the house to a more British style and it's not getting the interest that it should because Canadians have no taste or sense of style
You may need to market it here to the uk people coming over
i have to admit that out of 5 houses that we short listed, one house i spent 1minute in, walked in the front door and went NO and walked back out, realtor was errrrrrrrrrrrrr OK, loved 2 houses and the number 4 erm 5 minutes and out of door, house 5 was very english, loved it, but area was no good

The two that i like need work doing on them, but they are 1970's fashion here.....LOL
Maybe see if some of the new ones coming over need somewhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.