Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Off to Alberta in Jan- Waht to take/ get

Off to Alberta in Jan- Waht to take/ get

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all
Default Re: Off to Alberta in Jan- Waht to take/ get

Originally Posted by Morwenna

Regarding a warm coat, the one I brought with me, from BHS, I have found quite adequate, so long as there is room for a long sleeved shirt and a fleece underneath. The real trick is to dress in layers and to make sure there is a wind-proof, water-resistant layer on the outside.

BTW, Jeans are CRAP in cold weather!

You will probably need to buy snow-boots here, with nice thick soles, if you are planning on spending time at bus stops etc...... And proper gloves and a hat.
I always have trouble, in the really cold weather, covering my face, cos if I pull my scarf over my nose and mouth my glases steam up and then ice over!

You want as little skin exposed as possible when the temperature is -20 or lower!
I wear a 3in1 type jacket most of the time (the waterproof outer with a separate fleece that can be removed to wear separately). With a T-shirt and a sweater underneath that I am plenty warm enough. I agree with jeans being crap in cold weather though!