Nutter on Bus

Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:26 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutter on Bus

Originally Posted by johnh009
Don't think it would be easy but 35 against 1 is pretty good odds.
Several options are available:

1. Kick to the head
2. Direct punch to temple, top of nose or throat
3. Smash over top of/ side of head with bag/rucksack
4. Mass attack, people kick/beat/trample the wild brute in the seatwell.

Please make a mental note of these for the next time you use public transport.

You have 5 seconds to decide if you're a man or not. This excludes the women, kids, wimps on the bus, etc. Maybe 8-20 guys left ? Some old, but they still know where it's at.

You're all so very kind, asking "who are we to judge". Well we're humanity, and we judge, because that is what creates standards and expectations. Without judgement, every man is free to do as they please without recourse. No judgement from peers, and they descend into beastliness. Like the apes from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Statistically it seems that 95% of humanity is selfish pondlife, the freak was just an extreme 0.001% of pondlife. Whether you ignore your neighbour, ignore the need for help, forget a friend, let someone down, or get into the realms of much worse behaviour, people are inherently selfish and act in a manner of self preservation 99/100 times.

R.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:48 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

It is only the gruesomeness of this killing that makes it as newsworthy as it is.

This killing in Wisconsin happened the same day and yet only makes a small article on page 16 of today's paper.

Three teen swimmers die when woodsman opens fire.

No public outcry for this one, just another idiot shoots a few people for no apparent reason.

The world goes on.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

No public outcry for this one, just another idiot shoots a few people for no apparent reason.

The world goes on.
Agreed but with little caveat: It seems to me we have all come to expect this sort thing to happen in the US. And it does so with alarming frequency. Many are infected with this 'wild west' mentality. Guns are plentiful and easy to get. So I say to myself 'what else is new?'
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:15 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Miggins
It intrigues me that someone so very obviously mentally ill should have the death penalty even spoke about in this case......

I truly feel for the victims friends and family, but this man has friends and family and too most likely, after all mental health strikes all creeds, color and ethnicity, it could even (although I most sincerely hope not) effect posters on this thread at some point or their loved ones. Suddenly I'm having a flashback to the angry mob in the Simpsons movie when I read Basbi's somewhat ruthless post. And I didn't like that bit of the movie

Mrs M
such true and wise words......no one has any idea 'who' they are sitting next to on a bus/train/plane/walking down the street etc etc.....if someone has a broken limb, then you can see the challenge that they face but you can't see into a broken mind.....even if someone is 'acting' a little strange, doesn't mean that they are going to murder you on a bus, or anywhere else for that.....it's a very sad world if we all go about our business being suspicious and nervous of our neighbours......

i feel very sorry for the man himself (and his family), as well as the victim and his family; dreadful thing to have to deal with and god forbid i'm ever faced with such a thing......i'd like to think that i'd 'step - in' and help, if i could but you never know how your going to react until something like this happens.....where all hero's in our heads.....

a piece of advice i was given when i was a child, to which i have lived my life by 'there is nothing to fear, but fear itself'.......it's fearful emmigrating, right?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

At least in this instance there was a motive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/7538278.stm
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:47 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
such true and wise words......no one has any idea 'who' they are sitting next to on a bus/train/plane/walking down the street etc etc.....if someone has a broken limb, then you can see the challenge that they face but you can't see into a broken mind.....even if someone is 'acting' a little strange, doesn't mean that they are going to murder you on a bus, or anywhere else for that.....it's a very sad world if we all go about our business being suspicious and nervous of our neighbours......

i feel very sorry for the man himself (and his family), as well as the victim and his family; dreadful thing to have to deal with and god forbid i'm ever faced with such a thing......i'd like to think that i'd 'step - in' and help, if i could but you never know how your going to react until something like this happens.....where all hero's in our heads.....

a piece of advice i was given when i was a child, to which i have lived my life by 'there is nothing to fear, but fear itself'.......it's fearful emmigrating, right?
It's true that it is a shame when people live in fear. One of the problems the UK is facing is the fear people have of kids (in gangs), foreigners, and "other people".

History suggests it can be tremendously difficult to subdue an armed man in a confined space (e.g. second paragraph of the Battle section). The buses I've travelled on do not lend themselves to a mass onslaught and this guy was in a position of not having to defend himself from behind. Presumably this sort of circumstance is why peace officers are so often equipped with guns or tasers. I'm no big fan of the unnecessary use of non-lethal weapons but unless the driver or one of the passengers had pepper spray/taser/some other remote disabling equipment, an attempt to do anything would probably have resulted in more injuries and death. Without a healthy fear of death, how many more families would be grieving now?
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, having never been in that situation, but I would think the first reaction of anybody when they figured out what was going on would be - panic. It's all very well after the fact to say that they should have tackled the man, but the walkway in a bus isn't very big, there were people of various ages, including children. Sure, if they had time to plan, all of the passengers in retrospect would probably wish they had banded together and done something. But I would imagine in that confined space on the spur of the moment in the panic situation that was happening -- not an easy choice.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:33 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Well, for all those arm chair warriors thinking of taking on a nutter with a knife.

What do you think is going to happen 1 second after you've thrown the punch,kick - If you haven't knocked out or killed them you now have a full psyco killer bearing full speed at you. Watch some TV on prison officers doing cell extractions, 5 trained guys with shields, all the body protection in the world,in small area yet they still get injured with sharpen tooth brush. You no protection v Rambo Sized hunting knife in the hands of crazie, good luck.

Being in Winnipeg heard about the bus 1st thing in the morning, 1st client call of the next morning to the neighbour of one of the kids killed in Wisconsin. Her daughter was working otherwise she would have been with her friends.

So horror there are nutters everywhere large towns small towns back of beyond.

You can never ever stop them all without complete control over every human being - Who's going to control the guards. Who's going tto want to exist under that type of regime?

Do you worry for your kids yes do you ever wonder what kind of world you've brought the kids in to and what does the future hold???

Frightening thoughts or fingers crossed and hope they only meet the nice people.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 5:11 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
At least in this instance there was a motive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/7538278.stm
Oh well that's OK then.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Oh well that's OK then.
not really, I was trying out some sarcasm ...
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:36 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Another day, another decapitation.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7539944.stm
Seems like it's the new murder fashion.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 8:29 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montreal mike
not really, I was trying out some sarcasm ...
.... as was I .....
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by acer rose
It's true that it is a shame when people live in fear. One of the problems the UK is facing is the fear people have of kids (in gangs), foreigners, and "other people".

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

-- Yoda