Nutter on Bus

Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nutter on Bus

I didn't go to Egypt because of that bus slaughter, and then when I was about to the bombs in Sharm el Sheikh put me off again - but those incidents were relevant to tourism... I don't see why either Austrian Keller incident is, anymore than this bus thing.

If you did a survey in London tomorrow I bet most people would think the bus thing was "in America somewhere" anyway
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:29 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I didn't go to Egypt because of that bus slaughter, and then when I was about to the bombs in Sharm el Sheikh put me off again - but those incidents were relevant to tourism... I don't see why either Austrian Keller incident is, anymore than this bus thing.

If you did a survey in London tomorrow I bet most people would think the bus thing was "in America somewhere" anyway
Apparently it was pretty big news in England as my family decided to phone me and ask if i knew anymore than they did.

Will this affect tourism...Not really but i suspect it may damage greyhound buses for a small amount of time.

Does he deserve death...Everyone will have different views on this subject but i would kill anyone who shouldn't see daylight ever again...no point rotting in a cell to 'reflect' on what you done.

Even if the authorities believe they can 'cure' him I don't think that should matter as even people under psychiatric treatment have relapses if it happens in the same fashion there could be another death for us being 'kind and compasionate'
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:05 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Eh? Man goes nuts, perhaps curably nuts, not a strong death penalty case at all. Sexual predator, driven by incurable urges, pursuing children, that's your strong death penalty case.

I would have to agree that there is no cure for persistent child sex offenders, or even paedophiles (they are not one in the same, in case anyone jumps to correct me). No one officially knows what triggered this guy on the bus. No one could have predicted this terribly sad outcome, even if there was a mental health history. Look at the poor social worker in Lancashire who was killed recently - he knew the guy who stabbed him really well, and had just received a low-risk assessment for him! This incident won't cause a dent in tourism on Greyhound buses, or to Canada. No one with any sense/money uses Greyhound buses anyway.

Last edited by dingbat; Aug 1st 2008 at 1:12 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:34 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Still, just one of many similar decapitations I imagine....
You imagine decapitations ?

Get therapy. Now !

R.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JET747
I was quite shocked to read about the psycho on the greyhound who attacked another man cutting his head off in a seemingly calm attack. This is something if I had read about in the US would not shock me too much - however in Canada? Are events like this isolated, rare and once in a blue moon - - or is it an ever increasing problem, not decapitating but violence. ?

Edmonton - is this a rough city or is this exaggerated by such media coverage ?

Jet
What surprises me is that there were 35 other people on this bus and no one tried to help the guy in distress. Surely, at least, four able-bodied people were able to help this guy and overpower the attacker. Everyone ran off the bus when they saw what was happening, including the driver. Talk about failure to render assistance?

Last edited by johnh009; Aug 1st 2008 at 3:20 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
What surprises me is that there were 35 other people on this bus and no one tried to help the guy in distress.
According to the news report I read, the nutter had stabbed him dozens of times before they realised what was happening (I think it said they thought the guy was punching him). If he wasn't dead by then, he wasn't going to last long.

Even if that wasn't the case, how easy do you really think it would be for 'four able-bodied people' to overpower a psycho with a knife on a moving bus in the few seconds they had, and without getting seriously injured themselves? You really do not want to fight someone with a knife in a confined space like that.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Minto.

Small town, not far from Fredericton, NB. Three years ago.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarkG
Even if that wasn't the case, how easy do you really think it would be for 'four able-bodied people' to overpower a psycho with a knife on a moving bus in the few seconds they had, and without getting seriously injured themselves?
Don't think it would be easy but 35 against 1 is pretty good odds. To be fair, if this happened to you or one of your family, I am sure you would be disappointed if someone did not try to help. One of the paseengers interviewed said in retrospect, that he felt guilty because he did not try to help when he could

Last edited by johnh009; Aug 1st 2008 at 4:05 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:02 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a witness today on the radio, no one realised what was happening until well into the stabbing. He'd already started hacking at the guys throat when people first realised what was going on. The guy was big, and the knife was a 12" hunting knife.

The passengers got off quick.

3 men went back on to help the victim, but the head was off, and the victim was being gutted, the killer then came after the 3 men shaking the head and knife at them, they retreated off the bus and held the door shut on him so he couldn't get out and kill more people.

The killer is obviously quite insane.

There was nothing the passengers could have done, by the time they realised what was happening the victim was as good as dead.

The 3 men that went back onto to the bus were very brave, everyone else was just normal and very frightened. I have not walked in their shoes, I'm not going to judge them.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
If you are a coward, I think it would be very "easy". 35 against 1 is pretty good odds. To be fair, if this happened to you or one of your family, I am sure you would be diisappointed if someone did not try to help.
You're sleeping on a bus, or sitting there watching a movie, while it's travelling on the highway. Somewhere behind you you hear a scream... maybe you have ten seconds before a man is stabbed to death, or perhaps it's just some kids messing around. And you think it's going to be 'easy' to get four people who don't know each other to go back there together and disarm the nutter before his victim is dead?

Sorry, but that's a Rambo-esque fantasy. Maybe if the members of a Rugby team or a bunch of Army guys happened to be sitting right next to them it could work, but I honestly don't see how anyone can honestly expect the other passengers to react to the screams, realise what's happening, and then join forces to stop it in the few seconds they had.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:58 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Nutter on Bus

It intrigues me that someone so very obviously mentally ill should have the death penalty even spoke about in this case......

I truly feel for the victims friends and family, but this man has friends and family and too most likely, after all mental health strikes all creeds, color and ethnicity, it could even (although I most sincerely hope not) effect posters on this thread at some point or their loved ones. Suddenly I'm having a flashback to the angry mob in the Simpsons movie when I read Basbi's somewhat ruthless post. And I didn't like that bit of the movie

Mrs M
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:18 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

The slogan Greyhound have been using recently?

‘There’s a Reason Why You’ve Never Heard of Bus Rage’

Whoops.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
No one with any sense/money uses Greyhound buses anyway.
Why is that Dingbat.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

RubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond reputeRubyRose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor

I have not walked in their shoes, I'm not going to judge them.
I totally agree, who are we to judge others.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:40 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I don't quite see the relevance of talk about the death penalty, Canada does not have a death penalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.