nursing jobs

Old Sep 8th 2010, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Trixie-Lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nursing jobs

So where do you do the extra corses for your SEC then in Uk or in Canada? Also do you have to pay alot of money for these?? Thanks again for your help...its such alkot to do aint it?? x
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

S and P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
In what way? Assessments are done depending on your transcripts. I had to do some courses and knew a couple of other Brit nurses having to do courses where others haven't had to. All goes on when you trained and what your transcripts state
Hi all

Did anyone manage to register with their existing qualification and meet the basic criteria for mental health nursing or has anyone had to do the bridging programme?

thanks
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

julie1072 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S and P
Hi all

Did anyone manage to register with their existing qualification and meet the basic criteria for mental health nursing or has anyone had to do the bridging programme?

thanks
I managed to register with my existing MH nursing qualification (diploma) without the need for a bridging course but it took an age to sort out mainly because my uni were slow to respond and their transcript details weren't clear enough for the CRPNBC (psych nursing registration body in BC). This meant a lot of emails and phone calls being done to gain as much clarity as possible. CRPNBC were really helpful, as I said the difficulties encountered were on the UK end! This whole process took in excess of 6 months but I don't believe this is the norm...
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by julie1072
I managed to register with my existing MH nursing qualification (diploma) without the need for a bridging course but it took an age to sort out mainly because my uni were slow to respond and their transcript details weren't clear enough for the CRPNBC (psych nursing registration body in BC). This meant a lot of emails and phone calls being done to gain as much clarity as possible. CRPNBC were really helpful, as I said the difficulties encountered were on the UK end! This whole process took in excess of 6 months but I don't believe this is the norm...
Thats really helpful thank you...

I have a feeling my college will have the same problem

how did you evidence your 225 hours theory for the general nursing?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:21 am
Just Joined

julie1072 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S and P
Thats really helpful thank you...

I have a feeling my college will have the same problem

how did you evidence your 225 hours theory for the general nursing?
CRPNBC didn't need evidence per se, just confirmation by the uni that it had been done. The problem I had was that the uni said they couldn't remember!! I began frantically emailing and phoning the uni reminding them of the course content! For me, the common foundation programme was 18 months long and consisted of general nursing theory & practice (including physiology and clinical decision making) alongside sociology and psychology type subjects - this amounted to much more than 225 hours thankfully!

My main bit of advice is to contact your uni before any holiday periods (I hit the summer which led to a lengthy delay in getting a definitive answer) and also watch out for intake and qualifying periods (September and March) as this could mean delays too.

Good luck!
Old Oct 4th 2010, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by julie1072
CRPNBC didn't need evidence per se, just confirmation by the uni that it had been done. The problem I had was that the uni said they couldn't remember!! I began frantically emailing and phoning the uni reminding them of the course content! For me, the common foundation programme was 18 months long and consisted of general nursing theory & practice (including physiology and clinical decision making) alongside sociology and psychology type subjects - this amounted to much more than 225 hours thankfully!

My main bit of advice is to contact your uni before any holiday periods (I hit the summer which led to a lengthy delay in getting a definitive answer) and also watch out for intake and qualifying periods (September and March) as this could mean delays too.

Good luck!
Thanks for the advice...it seems my college are on the ball at the moment

Good luck to you too!!