Nursing Exam

Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Bexie7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Nursing Exam

Hi,

I am applying to join the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC. I have sent off the initial application but wanted some advice for the exam. Obviously, I'm not at the stage of taking it yet, but wondered if anyone could recommend any books for me to start studying from. I know the website gives a long list but I found, from my uni days, that sometimes they're not always what you're after. Plus to buy them all would cost quite a bit and I want to make sure I will be getting my moneys worth.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bex
Old Jul 19th 2011, 3:44 am
Just Joined

livinthedream... will become famous soon enoughlivinthedream... will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nursing Exam

Originally Posted by Bexie7
Hi,

I am applying to join the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC. I have sent off the initial application but wanted some advice for the exam. Obviously, I'm not at the stage of taking it yet, but wondered if anyone could recommend any books for me to start studying from. I know the website gives a long list but I found, from my uni days, that sometimes they're not always what you're after. Plus to buy them all would cost quite a bit and I want to make sure I will be getting my moneys worth.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bex
Hi Bex
I work with a psychiatric nurse who took the exam and she said there were lots of questions on general nursing. I suspect it is like the CRNE I took. I would advise to buy the book(s) that have practice questions in them and do some reading borrowing books from a nursing library around your weak areas.
You need some general knowledge and a bit of experience to get a lot of the answers. They don't ask lab values for example. Mine was all multiple choice. Hope this helps?
good luck!
Gill
Old Jul 19th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Bexie7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nursing Exam

Thanks for that. Thought there would be general nursing in there. I'll dust of my old A&P books and get some books with practice q's like you suggested.
Thanks again.
Bex