Reload this Page >

nursing in critical care

nursing in critical care

Old Dec 30th 2009, 7:22 am
Just Joined

lulublu is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile nursing in critical care

Hi

This is my first thread so bear with me folks!
Myself, my three year old daughter and my mum are in the process of emigrating to Canada, nowhere set in stone as yet but Saskatchewan really appeals I think. We are using Brazolot to help us and hope it goes smoothly. I am wondering if anyone can offer any guidance on the above but especially work as a Critical Care Nurse. Is it good conditions? basically anything abt the life of a canadian nurse would be really appreciated!
Thanks for ur time!
Old Dec 30th 2009, 7:42 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursing in critical care

Originally Posted by lulublu
Hi

This is my first thread so bear with me folks!
Myself, my three year old daughter and my mum are in the process of emigrating to Canada, nowhere set in stone as yet but Saskatchewan really appeals I think. We are using Brazolot to help us and hope it goes smoothly. I am wondering if anyone can offer any guidance on the above but especially work as a Critical Care Nurse. Is it good conditions? basically anything abt the life of a canadian nurse would be really appreciated!
Thanks for ur time!
Hello lulublu,

I'm afraid I know very little about nursing in Canada - that said, there's someone I've noticed a few times on here named Yoong who seems to answers many of the nursing related posts . Plus there's the whole Nursing forum bit of the site (don't know if you've looked there?).

Pretty vague, but useful I hope.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

You should read the nursing WIKI http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Nursing-Canada which gives you info about getting your registration and gives links to the various nursing bodies. Nursing in Canada is quite heavily unionised so if you find out which union the hospitals in your area are affiliated to you can take a look at the contract online.

I am nursing in Nova Scotia so a different area I know, but I have found the conditions good and the people friendly and helpful.

Good luck with your plans.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
You should read the nursing WIKI http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Nursing-Canada which gives you info about getting your registration and gives links to the various nursing bodies. Nursing in Canada is quite heavily unionised so if you find out which union the hospitals in your area are affiliated to you can take a look at the contract online.

I am nursing in Nova Scotia so a different area I know, but I have found the conditions good and the people friendly and helpful.

Good luck with your plans.
I agree with the above. I am nursing in Alberta and the same applies.
Good luck

Mandy
Old Dec 31st 2009, 4:57 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lulublu
Hi
Myself, my three year old daughter and my mum are in the process of emigrating to Canada, nowhere set in stone as yet but Saskatchewan really appeals I think.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Not trying to be funny, but curious to know what attracted you to Sask in particular?
Old Dec 31st 2009, 7:24 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work in ICU in smaller hospital (10 bed unit) amd have been there 18 months, generally people are friendly.
Be prepared for a change though. things that we had 10 years go are seen as innovative, evidence based practise is hit and miss, pm me for specific questions if you like.
Terese