Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Now you live in Canada ...

Now you live in Canada ...

Old May 13th 2011, 7:22 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now you live in Canada ...

Originally Posted by Kydney_Stone
I try to avoid hockey (hahaha) but on the odd occasion I do watch, usually in a 'restaurant' with 74 TV's rattling it out, I do notice that the players when they're not on the rink (is that what one calls the playing area?) are always staring at the cameras.

While we're on the subject and I guess the original poster's question has been lost through the pages anyway, why are a lot of hockey players the only north american men with full beards, or at least the morsels of one? Instead of the all too customary goatee?

I think we should be told.
I think it gives them something to hang on to in the shower after the match.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oink
I think it gives them something to hang on to in the shower after the match.
That produces a lot of images in my head I'd rather not have.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:25 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

You mean Joe Brand who seems to be very cross all the time.
That's her. Though I don't really find her anywhere nearly as annoying as that foreign dyke they have on. Totsvig I think - it's almost enough to stop me watching it when I see her smug radio 4 grin.
Old May 13th 2011, 7:57 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
That's her. Though I don't really find her anywhere nearly as annoying as that foreign dyke they have on. Totsvig I think - it's almost enough to stop me watching it when I see her smug radio 4 grin.
Funnily enough she reminds me of my step-mother, same turn of phrase and accent. I don't her very funny either.
Old May 13th 2011, 9:10 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

You mean Joe Brand who seems to be very cross all the time.
She's a Sarf London girl
Old May 13th 2011, 9:12 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

While we're on the subject and I guess the original poster's question has been lost through the pages anyway, why are a lot of hockey players the only north american men with full beards, or at least the morsels of one? Instead of the all too customary goatee?

The players do not shave during the playoffs, or at least until their team gets knocked out. I'm not quite sure why, but its the same every year.
Old May 13th 2011, 9:17 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

I try to avoid hockey (hahaha) but on the odd occasion I do watch, usually in a 'restaurant' with 74 TV's rattling it out, I do notice that the players when they're not on the rink (is that what one calls the playing area?) are always staring at the cameras. It's more the cameras staring at them. I assume you've never attended a game that's being televised.

Your ignorance is showing
Old May 13th 2011, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought such names were considered off limits on this site, being as it is not a "choice" thing? Whereas, "fat" is OK for the same reason
Old May 13th 2011, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

@steve,

What are you smoking?

The TV in Canada is crap and full of commercials every 10 seconds (the commercials in the UK are better btw)

And as for PVRs? Yeah you can buy one from one of the monopolies like Rogers, Bell Canada or Shaw for like $400 or else lock yourself into a "cheap" plan for 3 years.

Back home I could have picked up a PVR for fifty quid from tesco from several different brands.

Sorry but FAIL. Canada is great for many things. TV is not one of them.

Oh and don't get me started on the cost of mobile phones and mobile phone plans here. Christ on a Crutch!
Old May 13th 2011, 9:30 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I always thought such names were considered off limits on this site, being as it is not a "choice" thing? Whereas, "fat" is OK for the same reason
Who cares about that... It's because she isn't funny that I object to seeing her on a tv comedy show.
Old May 13th 2011, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud ofKydney_Stone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
Your ignorance is showing
My goodness O'Reilly! I thought I had it well hidden.

You can text in colour! How do you do that, I'm impressed...
Old May 13th 2011, 10:21 pm

Funnily enough she reminds me of my step-mother, same turn of phrase and accent. I don't her very funny either.
She isn't your step-mother is she? As that would be some faux pas.
Old May 13th 2011, 11:56 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about that... It's because she isn't funny that I object to seeing her on a tv comedy show.
Isn't she married to the magician the great suprendo or something or other - I'm sure both have appeared on that show that used to be on telly in the morning where they would play charades - with Lionel Blair.

Says it all really
Old May 13th 2011, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Isn't she married to the magician the great suprendo or something or other - I'm sure both have appeared on that show that used to be on telly in the morning where they would play charades - with Lionel Blair.

Says it all really
Was that the one that had that women from worzel gumage on. She was in something with alf garnet as well - una stubbs I think.
Old May 14th 2011, 12:10 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Was that the one that had that women from worzel gumage on. She was in something with alf garnet as well - una stubbs I think.
And Liza goddard.

Name that tune - that was a funy ol show.

I'll name that tune in one

Bing

"Raindrops kepp falling on my head"

Correct here's 2 pound 50.

Boll*cks. You can't name a tune with one bing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.