Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

And now we begin the long wait!

Wikiposts

And now we begin the long wait!

Old Mar 27th 2010, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Swirls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: And now we begin the long wait!

We got a letter from Immigration in Canada on Friday morning - was very excited about it! Turned out to be a request for more detailed information about my husbands job roles. IT consultant and IT manager wasn't detailed enough for them! So we are now back at square 1 but at least it wasn't a rejection Because it means Sydney has kept no record of us we can deal with the issue of the credit cards too http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=660375

The letter we received states that they need more details of my husbands jobs - do you think we will be able to add a covering letter and include the original form (which has lots of red ticks all over it so we did something right at least!) or do you think we should submit a whole new form? I'm hankering towards sending a covering letter back with the original form.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by beckybev
Hi Swirls,
We are also in the North West and Ontario is calling loudly to us too!!! We sent our application off to Sydney on December 7th and are going crazy waiting for our 120 day email. I will let you know when we hear anything.
Whereabouts in Ontario are you looking?
Becky
We are looking at the Ottawa area - we have some friends that live about an hour and a half from there in Quebec. We are going to stay with them when we go on a scouting mission Where abouts are you looking?
Old Mar 27th 2010, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi Swirls, I would send back a covering letter with the ticks. As you say, it's great that it's not a rejection. I'm not sure how it will affect your timeline, i.e. whether you'll go to the back of the queue.

We're looking at Whitby, which is about 45 minutes from Toronto. It seems like a nice family friendly area with a GO transit to Toronto if we need it. We are going over for 4 weeks in the summer to look at the area and decide if it's for us.

Let me know how the application goes .
Becky
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:56 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Talking Re: And now we begin the long wait!

Hi all,
We've just received our 120 Day e-mail today. Our application was received in Canada on 09/03/10, therefore it's taken 7 weeks & 2 days. We set off for Vancouver a week tomorrow for a 15 day trip, so it's a nice touch to have received this before we go
Hope everyone else is getting on OK x
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

Hi Misskatpaw,
Congratulations on your 120 day email. What a lovely thing to get before you go on holiday.
We are sending our application to London tomorrow having received our 120 email at the end of March. I'm very excited but will have to keep my excitement in check as this wait will be much longer.
We're going to Toronto for 4 weeks this August. I need to focus my energy on that!
Let us know how you get on
Becky
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:19 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Hi Misskatpaw,
Congratulations on your 120 day email. What a lovely thing to get before you go on holiday.
We are sending our application to London tomorrow having received our 120 email at the end of March. I'm very excited but will have to keep my excitement in check as this wait will be much longer.
We're going to Toronto for 4 weeks this August. I need to focus my energy on that!
Let us know how you get on
Becky
Well done Becky, one month to get it all together is fantastic!
Do you know how long it might be, before you hear anything? That's the next forum search I need to do, on how long the next part usually takes.
Realistically, I don't think I'll have time to do much in the next 7 days before we go, so I can immediately knock off 3 weeks from the 120 days!!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, We got all of our documents together before we sent the application in. We wanted to make sure that we could prove everything we were claiming. We didn't want to have to wait for former employers to send letters through so we got them beforehand. The police checks took the longest, 3 weeks.

I don't know about the next phase but I'm thinking about 4 months. I will also do a search and will let you know if I find anything.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:21 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Thanks, We got all of our documents together before we sent the application in. We wanted to make sure that we could prove everything we were claiming. We didn't want to have to wait for former employers to send letters through so we got them beforehand. The police checks took the longest, 3 weeks.

I don't know about the next phase but I'm thinking about 4 months. I will also do a search and will let you know if I find anything.
That's brilliant, thanks.
Yes, we've got quite a bit together too, just need to do all the final stuff when we get back from Kamloops and send it off!
Old May 5th 2010, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Ooooh that's exciting for both of you! We haven't heard anything yet (not surprisingly) but as soon as we do I will be back on here!