Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

basement rentals for a recci

basement rentals for a recci

Old May 5th 2010, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

luxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default basement rentals for a recci

does anyone know if there are any companies that offer rental accomadation with families, so you can get a real tast of the canadian life-style.
thanks
Old May 5th 2010, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

Lorna999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: basement rentals for a recci

There are a few around if you ask on relocation ns or similar websites. Interestingly, we were thinking of starting something like that up when we arrive. Basements for expats
Old May 5th 2010, 9:40 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luxel
does anyone know if there are any companies that offer rental accomadation with families, so you can get a real tast of the canadian life-style.
thanks
Rental terms are usually 6 months or more often 12, You are unlikely to get it for just a few weeks and few are furnished, so you'd need to sort that out too. You may be better to try a B & B, you'll have the added advantage of the hosts giving you local info. Renting a suite, if it does not include utilities, you'd need to set up accounts for phone, hydro , TV etc.
Old May 5th 2010, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Where are you heading? TheThornes run such a scheme outside of Calgary
Old May 5th 2010, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

luxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
We are wanting to stay in okotoks hopefully, to see what the life style is like there. then we can venture out from there to visit other areas.
Old May 5th 2010, 10:20 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks AC for the mention - appreciated

Yes, we do. We are in Cochrane, another satellite town to Calgary similar to Okotoks. It's basically a self-contained suite with two bedrooms (sleeps 4), bathroom and open plan kitchen, living room and dining room.

PM if you would like the details/photos etc and I can email them to you.

Regards.

CT

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Old May 5th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

We are wanting to stay in okotoks hopefully, to see what the life style is like there. then we can venture out from there to visit other areas.
Should be able to help with that if you drop us a PM.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi luxel

We are going to stay with The Thornes when we move over in July. Their accommodation looks great and I recently recommended another BE (who has just returned from a short stay in their suite). I'm glad we have somewhere to stay for a while (better than a hotel), in my opinion. They only moved about 18 months ago so have a good understanding of how we feel and are better equipped to meet our needs, answer our queries etc.

I will PM you details.

Poppit
Old May 6th 2010, 1:35 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the kind words

Originally Posted by Poppit
Hi luxel

We are going to stay with The Thornes when we move over in July. Their accommodation looks great and I recently recommended another BE (who has just returned from a short stay in their suite). I'm glad we have somewhere to stay for a while (better than a hotel), in my opinion. They only moved about 18 months ago so have a good understanding of how we feel and are better equipped to meet our needs, answer our queries etc.

I will PM you details.

Poppit
Old May 6th 2010, 5:14 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Rental terms are usually 6 months or more often 12, You are unlikely to get it for just a few weeks and few are furnished, so you'd need to sort that out too. You may be better to try a B & B, you'll have the added advantage of the hosts giving you local info. Renting a suite, if it does not include utilities, you'd need to set up accounts for phone, hydro , TV etc.
There are places where people will rent out their homes/condo's while they take extended trips abroad etc. There aren't that many of them, but they do exist cos I remember seeing a few of them when I first arrived.