Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia -sooner than expected!!!!!

Nova Scotia -sooner than expected!!!!!

Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:19 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice
Default Nova Scotia -sooner than expected!!!!!

Help - anyone in Halifax area. We are 'in process' re PR application under skilled worker AOR July 2004. After buttoning down the hatches for a long wait It looks 99% possible hubby is about to get a job offer based in Halifax...........so we may-fingers and everything else crossed - get out there on a work permit while we wait for PR to be processed. If all goes according to plan we (thats me hubby and three kids aged 8, 10 and 11 are hoping to settle in Fall River area. Firstly can anyone tell me if apart from study visas - we will have to pay school fees for the kids to attend public schools? Also has anyone got any research regarding the area and in particular the schools? We are also bringing our two dogs with us.............what are the chances of us being able to find a house to rent with our beloved pets. Please don't advise us to keep the dogs in the UK as this is just not an option..........ANY help/advice/info would be gratefully accepted as panic has welll and truly set in!
Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Re: Nova Scotia -sooner than expected!!!!!

Originally Posted by maple
Help - anyone in Halifax area. We are 'in process' re PR application under skilled worker AOR July 2004. After buttoning down the hatches for a long wait It looks 99% possible hubby is about to get a job offer based in Halifax...........so we may-fingers and everything else crossed - get out there on a work permit while we wait for PR to be processed. If all goes according to plan we (thats me hubby and three kids aged 8, 10 and 11 are hoping to settle in Fall River area. Firstly can anyone tell me if apart from study visas - we will have to pay school fees for the kids to attend public schools? Also has anyone got any research regarding the area and in particular the schools? We are also bringing our two dogs with us.............what are the chances of us being able to find a house to rent with our beloved pets. Please don't advise us to keep the dogs in the UK as this is just not an option..........ANY help/advice/info would be gratefully accepted as panic has welll and truly set in!
Thanks
just answered you on immigration forum, pm me.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

torticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant futuretorticat has a brilliant future

Thanks
Thats great news....

MikeJW is buy a property in that area and should have information on schools etc maybe you can PM him (sorry, we have no kids yet so schools are not out list) with regards to renting in the short term, we are curently renting a great house just up from the northwest arm and pets are not an issue (cats) rentals can be found here http://www.herald.ns.ca/classifieds/rentals/ here http://www.homework-guide.com/Millennium/index.html or here http://www.homework-guide.com/Tivert...yListings.html

feel free to PM me with any questions
Old Feb 10th 2005, 7:27 pm
Nova Scotian

BH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant future

Hi Maple

Try this for the schools, it might help.

http://www.hrsb.ns.ca/
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Hi Maple......That is excellent news! What do the kids think of this new development? Well I shall keep my fingers crossed that all goes according to plan!!! Hey now you will have to tell the family in a hurry!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 2:56 pm
Banned

maple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nicemaple is just really nice

Originally Posted by Corky
Hi Maple......That is excellent news! What do the kids think of this new development? Well I shall keep my fingers crossed that all goes according to plan!!! Hey now you will have to tell the family in a hurry!

Yep! Thanks to everyone for your replies.....I am intending to get back to you all over the weekend.........after being laid back and expecting not to hear anything until at least next winter this has sent us all into a complete panic!
Corky - did you get the e-mail from last night?
Old Feb 11th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Yep! Thanks to everyone for your replies.....I am intending to get back to you all over the weekend.........after being laid back and expecting not to hear anything until at least next winter this has sent us all into a complete panic!
Corky - did you get the e-mail from last night?

I did and I just answered!!! I bet you are running around like a chicken with his head cut off! Oh yuk!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 6:10 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

I did and I just answered!!! I bet you are running around like a chicken with his head cut off! Oh yuk!
Sounds exciting Maple!
I'm getting to think NS mauy be a bit too crowded by the time we get there!

Corky! I see you're back to butchering animals. As I recal you have now walked on fish, roast a pig, planked a salmon and now beheaded a chicken.
Shame on you
Old Feb 11th 2005, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Awww Crispie...this is Nova Scotia...you will be surprized at what we do......Maple say nothing about the gun and the TV!!!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 9:51 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Awww Crispie...this is Nova Scotia...you will be surprized at what we do......Maple say nothing about the gun and the TV!!!
Let me guess....
If an animal appears on the telly you shoot that too!
Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:02 am
Just Joined

tondra is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't posted in quite some time. Decided to scan the forums again tonight. So great to hear of someone trying out Nova Scotia. I have been looking at it for several years, but funds and age (they don't want old farts like me ) have kept me from moving.

Please feel free to email me and keep me up on your adventure. I have a few friends in NS, but none in the area you are to settle in. I know a couple in Margaretsville and another a little farther down the South Shore, with the third in Bear River (Annapolis Royal area). I hope to visit the Annapolis area in the month of June. So if you make it to NS by then, let me know and I will try to look you up.

Good luck!

Tondra