Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Nova Scotia Recce

Nova Scotia Recce

Old Feb 12th 2009, 6:50 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia Recce

Originally Posted by LISABOB
Feedback on Wentworth would be really welcome too.

We are not actually going skiing on this trip but have skiied BC and are going to try and get over to Wentworth to have a look so will let you know if we manage it.

Hope you have a great trip to (getting very nervous now only a few hours till we start the journey to London).

Lisa
Just be aware that there is no real comparison between Wentworth and B.C. as far as skiing goes. Wentworth is fun and not usually too crowded but it is relatively small. It's about 90 minutes or so from Halifax. For avid skiers B.C. will win hands down. There is also another ski hill near Windsor N.S. called Martock which is also relatively small but fun.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

By the time you read this you will be back home , i am sure you will have loved Nova Scotia, it is a great place been many times and where we would like to settle. Interested that you are from stoke on trent. I am too, work at the university hospital and trying to patiently wait.Pretty hard at times!!!!
like to here about your trip.

Jus
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justie
By the time you read this you will be back home , i am sure you will have loved Nova Scotia, it is a great place been many times and where we would like to settle. Interested that you are from stoke on trent. I am too, work at the university hospital and trying to patiently wait.Pretty hard at times!!!!
like to here about your trip.

Jus
Must be a mass exodus. We moved over to NS from Stoke last August. I am a nurse and I have worked at UHNS too. What do you do?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

hepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant future

We are also from Stoke! We are going for our reccie in April and hoping to move in August. We will all have to get together sometime.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

justie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to alljustie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
Must be a mass exodus. We moved over to NS from Stoke last August. I am a nurse and I have worked at UHNS too. What do you do?
I am a physiotherapist worked at UHNS since 2000, crazy hey! Prob were there at the same time then. We applied in 2007 so are in the back log , have no idea when we will get over there. We are aiming at cape breton island, really love it there just have to keep hoping that letter will land on the mat this year!!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hepburn
We are also from Stoke! We are going for our reccie in April and hoping to move in August. We will all have to get together sometime.
I wonder what it is about stoke that we want to get away !!! Where are you visiting in April?
Old Feb 14th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

No problem. Just PM me when you are coming over. There is another local family - lisabob - who are on a recce at the moment too.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

hepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant futurehepburn has a brilliant future

Oh that will be great. I will pm you near the time. We are coming over for a reccie on 3rd April, which we are really looking forward to, and hoping to make the move August this year. I have been emailing lisabob, and I'm looking forward to her coming back for some tips! We should be moving a similar time to Lisabob, so it would be great if we could all have some getogethers! Let me know if you want anything from Stoke bringing over, shame we can't bring oatcakes and wrights pies over!!!

Lisa
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:58 pm
Life is great!!

LISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant futureLISABOB has a brilliant future

Hi everyone just a quick note to say it is our second day here and we are completely shattered Done so much today, visited Halifax and went to a Farmers market which was truly awesome (sorry starting to sound Canadian). Had a drive past one of the properties we like, went to Mic Mac Mall (think thats how you spell it), been to Atlantic supermarket but best of all went to Lawrencetown Beach and chased the waves with our daughter (oh man it was cold and snowy but perfect).

Just now waiting for OH to finish cooking his famous curry (with Canadian ingredients), have a few more wines and then an early night ready for tomorrows house hunting expedition and OH's birthday, another shattering day but cant wait.

be back soon

Lisa
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

tomtatew is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Nova Scotia Recce

Hi, we went in February 2007 and it was great, could have used a 4X4 though to get to some of the more remote places in the snow, although we managed ok. We are there on a recce ourselves again in May and looking forward to it. Interested in hearing of experience, people very freindly.

Tom
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Hey Lisa!!

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time, I am so so pleased. My god what an experience the beach sounds. It seems like you are doing everything that we plan to do, Hannah is desperate to see what the Mall is like! How is the driving (Gaz has brought a cheap Sat Nav off Ebay with maps of Canada to be on the safe side). He is using it here with the Canadian accent! Thanks for the email, I will email you back. Have a FAB time.

Lisa xxxxxxxx
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by justie
I wonder what it is about stoke that we want to get away !!! Where are you visiting in April?
Hey Justie!
Just noticed your reply, sorry I'm a bit dizzy! Isn't it weird that the people from Stoke looking to move all seem to look at NS. We are going over on 3rd April, and can't wait. We have just got to book the car. When are you looking to make the move?

Lisa xx (how many Lisa's are there as well)!!!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
we also lived in Stoke for 18 months (Meir Park) and we're going to NS
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Hiya Stu-Pot

My gosh there is lots of us! Have you got your visa then? Whereabouts are you going to?

Lisa
Old Feb 15th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Stu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond reputeStu-pot has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Stu-Pot

My gosh there is lots of us! Have you got your visa then? Whereabouts are you going to?

Lisa
Hi Lisa,
We have our visas, as to where about in NS i think it will depend on what job i get. I have a recruitment agency circulating my resume which is attracting some attention. The Mic Mac is not as big or as grand as Trafford park but certainly better than the Merry Hell(Hill). As for driving in NS, we gave up using the Satnav after a couple of days as the driving is easy, even in rush hour its nowhere as bad as the A500 used to be.

Stuart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.